• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDisc Round Ratings

acrosley

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I did a free trial of UDisc+ just to check out their round rating system. Anyone else used it yet? It's 0-300 scale. I'm curious how closely if at all it correlates to the PDGA ratings. Obviously they're different algorithms and PDGA ratings are far from perfect.

FWIW I shot an 864 round today which equated to a 186 Udisc rating. Anyone else have UDisc+ and care to share their scores? Off my very limited information I think ~215 Udisc would equate to a 900 rated round.

975 was a 264 so that's pretty in line with what you saw.

I did a free trial of UDisc+ just to check out their round rating system. Anyone else used it yet? It's 0-300 scale. I'm curious how closely if at all it correlates to the PDGA ratings. Obviously they're different algorithms and PDGA ratings are far from perfect.

FWIW I shot an 864 round today which equated to a 186 Udisc rating. Anyone else have UDisc+ and care to share their scores? Off my very limited information I think ~215 Udisc would equate to a 900 rated round.
I heard this about 2 weeks ago.. this is "he said, he said" type stuff.

UDisc rating X 2 + 500

So UDisc you shot 200

200 X 2= 400+500..900 PDGA rating

Don't know if the calculations are accurate with the more difficult and naturally penalizing courses - had a 218 uDisc rating for an even par on Harmony Bends Blue par 68 layout categorized as 'Very long - highly technical'. That same score recently produced a 970ish PDGA rating. I'd expect closer to 230 or 240 from UDisc.

I'm guessing the algorithm was trained on 'average' difficulties for hole lengths which Harmony Bends likely exceeds in technicality/punishment for almost all holes.