• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uncle B's Bag

Got a Lucid Truth and my arm is busted up so i have only tried it on one round where i threw too long discs powered down and it is long. It has significant flash on the bottom. Since my arm got worse since it will be some time before i can throw. I'll film Tali open the next week and my arm is still acting up so i need to baby the arm so no idea when i can toss it. Take care of yourself and the old lady.

JR said:
Got a Lucid Truth and my arm is busted up so i have only tried it on one round where i threw too long discs powered down and it is long. It has significant flash on the bottom. Since my arm got worse since it will be some time before i can throw. I'll film Tali open the next week and my arm is still acting up so i need to baby the arm so no idea when i can toss it. Take care of yourself and the old lady.

Take care of the arm man.

No worries man I always take care of the wife. :D I aint worried about myself :lol:

It would be a shame to not film. If there are troubles i will try to lessen the strain with a tripod which sucks footage wise.

Been a while since I've been on here.

I did get to play the other day though. Shot a 17 under at the 27 hole course here. It was one of my best rounds ever there. I couldn't miss a putt,drives were accurate and I just felt real good. I'm still having a lot of trouble out of my left leg. I believe it was some ligament damage.The wife says I'm stubborn cuz I don't go to the doctor. I said yeah I know this and I change the subject. :lol:

But other than that nothing really new in the disc golf world. Since I don't play much anymore gonna trade in everything I got instead of my extras for my bag and what's in my bag. Just gonna get a big stack of Rocs since I use them for a majority of my shots now.

I'm back on here again. :D

Just started playing again and the leg is still messed up. I ended up Tearing my MCL and Fracturing my Leg. I've been having to work through it so it's taking a lot longer than normal to heal.

Due to my Leg pain I've had to add and take away some molds in my bag. I can't really use the X-step like before so I've had to work on accuracy since my power is gone due to my leg.

Getting ready to post up my new bag.If anyone is on right now I'll be glad to chat on here for a bit.

UncleBrother2001 said:

Just started playing again and the leg is still messed up. I ended up Tearing my MCL and Fracturing my Leg. I've been having to work through it so it's taking a lot longer than normal to heal.

Due to my Leg pain I've had to add and take away some molds in my bag. I can't really use the X-step like before so I've had to work on accuracy since my power is gone due to my leg.

Getting ready to post up my new bag.If anyone is on right now I'll be glad to chat on here for a bit.
Have you seen variation in the Truth? Lost my first one at Selah. The replacement turns a little more than I'd like. Not sure if to get a new one or go back to a Z Buzzz.

PMantle said:
UncleBrother2001 said:

Have you seen variation in the Truth? Lost my first one at Selah. The replacement turns a little more than I'd like. Not sure if to get a new one or go back to a Z Buzzz.

Mine is Orange so I'm not sure if color has anything to do with variation.

Maybe you can compare the PLH on some if they have a bunch to choose from. That could possibly be the best bet in finding a good one.

Even Buzzzes vary. The Truth fades harder but is faster and given power is longer. It might have a tad more glide at power but without a proper x step it could be too power hungry. The Buzzz does not glide much either. But before i put my Truth to the drink i got to throw in calm and wndy weather and it flipped less in headwinds than good Z Buzzzes. MEaning it did a couple of degrees in strong headwinds and not at all in mild winds. So individual discs may vary. Mine was a yellow heavy Lucid. Blunt nosed Fuses are longer and require a heck of a lot less power but they flip. I had sharper nosed ones from the time when they were released that flipped a mile. My recycled highest PLH i could find (lots of variance) flips about 3-4 degrees depending on power and my Opto 2-3 in calm conditions. Mostly 2. Especially compared to the Buzzz the Fuse is way way longer at power. Take power off and the Buzzz fades and drops harshly whereas the Fuse still flips, glides immensely and fades very little and late if it does. Depends on the power, height, spin and nose angle. No fade throws are possible on lower lines. Every disc can do that but most mids possibly also the least gliding slower drivers too not out as far as with the Fuse.

Lat discs vary. My Glo Z Buzzzes are about as HSS as the Lucid Truth i had but those Buzzzes fade more. And they are a few feet shorter than regular Z Buzzzes. The Truth was fairly flat topped and had a high PLH and a fairly deeply concave wing.

The PLH on my truth is quite high. At first I couldn't find it,but after shining an LED light through the bottom of it I seen that mine had a high one.

It's not overstable because of it's high PLH, but it is still pretty stable. It can be forehanded with ease and can handle a lot of power and not flip.

Just because of my curiousity I had to check my Stalker,since it is really dang straight with very little fade I had to check it out. The PLH is right smack dab in the middle of the disc. I always wondered why this disc was so good to me.

If I'm looking for a disc I always try to find it in my weight,color and the PLH being pretty close to the middle. I feel there is less variation in the flight of the disc when the PLH is in the middle. I guess what I'm tryin to say is the flight will be pretty close to what is says on paper when it's in the middle.

Latest posts