• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Underrated Trilogy Discs

I have used the Core a lot, and really like it. Can be very powered down and still do no fade shots, and also do easy turnovers that don't get too crazy. Seems like everyone has moved on to Claymores and Truths.

Trilogy has been pretty well received in general. It's hard to call any of it underrated imo. Older L64 molds are more often overlooked than new DD & WS stuff.

Imo the Trident is overrated. Just because it's the most OS Trilogy mid doesn't make it good when everyone else does it better. Hopefully the justice can bring some justice to trilogy's lineup.

Hatchet. My VIP Hatchet is one of the best turnover drivers I have every thrown.

imo the striker isn't an underrated disc, but not a lot of people throw it anymore like they used to 2-3 years back.

Stag - One of my favorite discs of all time
Flow - My favorite trilogy disc. Early runs were gorgeous, and floated for days!
Pain - A great stable to OS mid. It had great stability and was overall a real solid mid.
Sinus - Fantastic OS putter. Great for upshots, drives, and wind.
Riot - Most people don't like the plus rim, but it flew just like a wraith. It would have been amazing if it wasn't a plus rim.

Hatchet, Hatchet and Hatchet. Forgiving, smooth, glidey, effortless distance for ~300 ft. throwers.

The Stag love here is making wonder about trying it as an OS compliment. I've really dug the several Westside molds I've tried.

These are all underrated discs - and the main reason is they aren't "in the bag" when pros do those vids.

There really are two classes of discs, pro, and typica other player.

It is rare when I watch an ITB vid, and say, "yeah, I throw that too."

I know lots of you who post here are better than me, but most the people I play with are even less engaged than me, and play for fun, and love easy throwing plastic, like River, Diamond, and Fuse.

Core, Stag, Mercy, Striker, Warship, Verdict, Blitz, Riot.
I think this is a good list of not much hyped Trilogy discs. Maybe add the Renegade and Halo in there. The Verdict is a close call.

But what comes to the mold being underrated, I think JC got it right. There are good reasons why Blitz for example is not more popular. Not saying it is bad, but am saying that there are options that will work better for others.

I absolutely love the Fuse. Out of the box turnover mid. Started with a 172 but it got too beat in. Brought out a max weight one and it turned predictably and slowly. Also a great utility disc when you are in a awkward spot that won't let you get a lot of snap on a disc but need it to fly straight.

I never hear much about the Freedom.....I just started throwing mine regularly and that thing flies!!!

Right out of the box I was getting lots of distance with mine- its becoming rather understable now, I havent really had time to go do field work with it recently, but I think it would probably work well for big rollers or hyzer flips.