• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Understable Innova mid to complement my Rocs

I absolutely agree with the champ panther suggestion. I have one and it will be with me until I lose it. Its a disc you can make do absolutely anything right out of the box. The only disc ever to give it any competition is an Axiom Theory. Another disc I absolutely love.

i find it hard to believe you can't beat a dx roc in to understable. that being said get a comet or a fuse.

I have a champ panther and a gstar mako3 and the mako holds annys longer with more glide. We'll see once the panther is broken in tho.

If you have to have Innova, maybe find an older ontario roc. If you're not totally stuck on that, find a slightly domey x comet. It feels just like a roc in your hand and is the perfect complement to a set of rocs in different stages of wear. That's been my mid setup for several years now.

X Comet or Gravity/Excel Ghost. Not Innova but these two are the quintessential understable Roc clones.

A Pro Line Cobra is the only mid I've ever throw 300 feet. I just wish I could have done it more than once :|

I can't imagine a DX would fly much differently

Beat up Rocs show up cheap in the marketplace. Great resource if you lose a good beat one.

I would love to throw some Pro Line Cobras, too steep of a price tag for me. With that said, I throw DX Cobras around 325 feet with control, any further than that and they get real tough to control. DX Stingrays have been mentioned and those are good too. They get great distance, but I am not as consistent with those.

I say go with a lighter DX Roc. I have a 150 DX Roc than rolls over easier than a 96 Isuzu Trooper.

r pro roc?
aren't flat top rocs More overstable?
not sure you'd like the panther, because to me, it glides much more and is faster and smaller diameter.
i think a dx stingray would be good for you. or cobra.

another vote for the marshall street flatties if you want innova. Play a few one disc rounds and you'll be getting there. The panther is a good disc too, but it's definitely faster. If you want to venture outside of innova, the comet will feel right in your hand and will fill that slot.

How does a Cobra compare to a Comet? Not sure if a Comet will be truly understable out of the box but when it's lightly seasoned it turns reliably.

Mako3 and be done with it. One of the best molds Innova has put out in a long time.

Latest posts