• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UPDATED Okthrowberfest Poll (Fixing my mistakes)

What are your favorite dyes? (Please limit it to your top 3)

• All Hallow’s Eve - Jermy

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • Carrie - Pduclo

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Clown – RickyBobby

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • DGCR Headless Horseman - BennettUA

Votes: 34 19.8%
  • Flying Spiders - Moon

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • Graveyard - Cheep

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Headless Horseman 2 - Yawpstrang64

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • St. Okthrowerberfest Girl – skinner21

Votes: 36 20.9%
  • Predator - Elderberen

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Pumkin Chains - bhuff

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Pumkinhead - Philman

Votes: 64 37.2%
  • Reaper - Yawpstrang64

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Rip the Ripper - Philman

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • Scary Night - Cheep

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Skull on a Glow - Matrathvy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Star Max - MrFixit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teenage Outcast - Agent Peebody

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • The Three Spookies - Smd030

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Unicorn - Pduclo

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Vampire Smilie - MrFixit

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Vampire Teeth – Moon

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Zombie Pinup - Jabanger

Votes: 15 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I just spent WAY too much time looking at these discs and narrowing them down to seven of them. Then my wife looked through em with me and she narrowed her list to 6. Then we tried to pick 3 to vote on. We ended up only having one out of our 3 that we agreed on. This is insane trying to get it down to 3. AMAZING job by everyone! And to the 19 discs that didn't get a vote from me I truly am sorry. MAD PROPS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

he cut that by hand too! :cool: being another hand cutter, i give him internetz knuckles

more props to all the hand cutters! Although, all hallows eve is the first disc that i've not hand cut. Been on the road and had to settle for my moms cricut, which worked ok.. but I wish I had my swivel xacto instead!

I haven't said ,done, or thought, anything much on the matter of how this contest is being handled. Here why. Between organizing the rules, listening to all of the bitching over this and that, finding judges, prizes and still having time to put together one amazing dye. I believe SKINNER 21 has done a unbelievably good job at putting together the largest contest of its kind. Thank you.

Thanks for the all the kind words. I would have put a thanks up sooner but I just had my back surgery yesterday and was kind of out of it with all the meds I was on. Big thanks goes out to all you guys that share your knowledge because if it wasn't for you I never would have known how to do this. (or how to get 4 free rolls of vinyl LOL

I haven't said ,done, or thought, anything much on the matter of how this contest is being handled. Here why. Between organizing the rules, listening to all of the bitching over this and that, finding judges, prizes and still having time to put together one amazing dye. I believe SKINNER 21 has done a unbelievably good job at putting together the largest contest of its kind. Thank you.

I agree that the contest is alot of work and big props go to Skinner21 for organizing this.

I think a lot of people didn't know rip the ripper was a logo. It's got a lot less votes this time around.

I think a lot of people didn't know rip the ripper was a logo. It's got a lot less votes this time around.

I actualy don"t think it should be in the running, it is a copy of a logo, and has been posted before.

It is super well done, but not original or October themed in any way.

However the glow skull is crazy cool looking.

Thanks Skinner for doing this so us internetz dweebs can look at pretty discs.

I actualy don"t think it should be in the running, it is a copy of a logo, and has been posted before.

It is super well done, but not original or October themed in any way.

However the glow skull is crazy cool looking.

Thanks Skinner for doing this so us internetz dweebs can look at pretty discs.

I disagree. I submitted it because it's one of the hardest dyes I've ever done. It has a skeleton and skull as do some of the other Halloween themed dyes. I didn't think that I would have to defend it, but alas here I am. I guess I take the criticism of it personally because for 3 days I placed the pieces of viny in the spinal column and ribs on by hand individually. Yes I agree it's a logo and not my original art, but alot of the dyes here aren't original artwork and can be found on other sites. For me skateboarding was my first passion in life and I would probably still be doing it had I not shattered my ankle when I was 16. Disc golf filled the void that skateboarding left and it's my way of paying homage to both sports.

I'm sorry for the rant but I do put alot of work into my dyes, and when someone acts like it was easy to put that on a disc I have to take offense.

I disagree. I submitted it because it's one of the hardest dyes I've ever done. It has a skeleton and skull as do some of the other Halloween themed dyes. I didn't think that I would have to defend it, but alas here I am. I guess I take the criticism of it personally because for 3 days I placed the pieces of viny in the spinal column and ribs on by hand individually. Yes I agree it's a logo and not my original art, but alot of the dyes here aren't original artwork and can be found on other sites. For me skateboarding was my first passion in life and I would probably still be doing it had I not shattered my ankle when I was 16. Disc golf filled the void that skateboarding left and it's my way of paying homage to both sports.

I'm sorry for the rant but I do put alot of work into my dyes, and when someone acts like it was easy to put that on a disc I have to take offense.

Please re-read what I wrote. At no time did I state that it was easy, or not a lot of work. I know it was a ****-ton of work and it is super well done. But it is not original artwork, and it is a skateboard logo, totally unrelated to Halloween.

I have a ton of respect for you for making it look so awesome, it is a great looking disc. But my personal feeling is that it doesn't meet the criteria of the contest and that is why I didn't vote for it, and why I don't think others should.

But to each his own.

original rulez said:
The only rule for this contest was that the dye should be an original interpretation of "Okthrowberfest" which may involve the Fall season, Oktoberfest, and/or Halloween, but dyers were not limited to these ideas.

Copying a logo full out is not an original interpretation of anything it is an homage at best. Had you taken the logo and done something new with it, I would have no problem with it.

Last edited:
Dyes should be your original interpretation of "Okthrowberfest" which may involve the Fall season, Oktoberfest, and/or Halloween, but you are not limited to these ideas.
original interpretation and original art are two different things.

I 100% disagree. there is absolutely nothing wrong with using that image, at all. My own dye is a ripoff of the St. Pauli Girl beer logo. AP's image is artwork from Rob Zombie.

I also fail to see how it doesn't relate to the contest. Since when did skeletons get disassociated with Halloween? Just because it is a skateboarding logo doesn't mean that can't be related to other things.

Please re-read what I wrote. At no time did I state that it was easy, or not a lot of work. I know it was a ****-ton of work and it is super well done. But it is not original artwork, and it is a skateboard logo, totally unrelated to Halloween.

I have a ton of respect for you for making it look so awesome, it is a great looking disc. But my personal feeling is that it doesn't meet the criteria of the contest and that is why I didn't vote for it, and why I don't think others should.

But to each his own.

Copying a logo full out is not an original interpretation of anything it is an homage at best. Had you taken the logo and done something new with it, I would have no problem with it.

I did it on a glow, which to the best of my knowledge, has not been done before.

Either way I will defend it and be flamed if need be.

No flames, and skinner isn't bothered by it being in the contest which is his choice. Like I said, super impressive work, just not creative or original to me.

Changing the St. Pauli girl logo is original to me, I didn't know Agent Peebody's was a copy of other artwork (and didn't vote for it anyways as there were others I liked better). Modifying or using a logo in a different way I think can be creative. Straight copying someone elses art because it uses something that is generally associated with the season (skeletons/halloween) isn't creative to me.

But I'll stop here.

you should defend it, even though it's complete BS that you even have to.

What if this was Christmas themed and someone did an exact copy of the Coca-Cola Santa, Coke bottle and all?

We could nitpick all of these dyes if we wanted to. I think that calling out 1 dye is crap. And it wouldn't even be a discussion if it was wasn't done so well and getting so many votes. That much is obvious because of the way that NONE of the other dyes that could be questioned.

Also, do people really think that all of the images used are original peices of artwork? because they're not.