• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Upgrade from Ballista Pro for OS/headwind slot

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I really like the Opto Ballista Pros I've thrown for being a workably overstable driver with good glide but the more I've needed it to actually fight a headwind recently, the less it's getting the job done. Is there a good mold that handles headwind but still not a glideless beef patty on calm days?

I'm on team Xcal right now...slightly slower but still goes plenty far. I can't recall, do you have experience with them?

For super fast discs the jump from overstable to BEEF is very abrupt.

(hey buddy, long time no see)

Have You tried the Opto-X version? The tour series ones should be out in a few days, those are way more overstable than regular Opto.

I like a Warhorse or beefy Giant in that slot but good luck finding either of them right now.

I'm on team Xcal right now...slightly slower but still goes plenty far. I can't recall, do you have experience with them?

Yeah, no kidding. I haven't messed with an XCal since they came out. Good idea though.
Have You tried the Opto-X version? The tour series ones should be out in a few days, those are way more overstable than regular Opto.
I have not. I kind of prefer to go stock for this slot since I'm often trying to carry water with it.
I would say PD2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are similar to Destroyers, right?
I like a Warhorse or beefy Giant in that slot but good luck finding either of them right now.
For real. I think I do have a decent Giant left lying around.

I agree. You can go from slightly beefy to a dinner plate easily.

The XCal is a good choice. It isn't the absolute greatest wind fighter I've ever seen, but it'll work in most circumstances.

When the weather gets nicer late this week I'm going to take an Ape and a Nuke OS out on the course and throw them head to head. I'm currently auditioning for the "longer Firebird" role. I want a disc that won't flip, but that can be smashed for decent distance without fading super soon. I may even just throw the XCal back in the bag as well.

The only Trilogy disc I really trust for pure beefiness is the Warhorse. Everything else I've thrown (Defender, Enforcer, World, Ballista Pro) can be lousy in headwinds. I've even seen Felons that will turn fairly easily.

Those are similar to Destroyers, right?

jN536lq.png