• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USADGC 2015 qualifiers

They don't update that shizz til it about a week before and even then some of the stuff stays the same, doesn't seem to be a priority for them for some reason. Great event but there are some things they need to do to increase the notoriety.

They don't update that shizz til it about a week before and even then some of the stuff stays the same, doesn't seem to be a priority for them for some reason. Great event but there are some things they need to do to increase the notoriety.

I think USADGC have plenty of notoriety. Agree the website is not updated frequently. But, the chance to play Toboggan is enough to provide notoriety in the disc golf community.

He's talking about the events that qualify one to play at the championship. Not the event itself.

Usually tournaments will say it in their advertising. I guess you just gotta page through all of the A and B tiers until you find something.

Just signed up for 2015 Amateur Championship in Bowling Green. Looks like that is a qualifyer as well.

From my dealings with the TD in getting my event on the 2015 qualifier list, it seems that pretty much every sizable A and B tier was going to be a qualifier.

From looking at the web page, the map looks like it is marking the 2015 qualifiers (because my event is marked there but is not on any printed list). Unfortunately, it isn't clickable or zoomable, so the map is useless for information.

I think USADGC have plenty of notoriety. Agree the website is not updated frequently. But, the chance to play Toboggan is enough to provide notoriety in the disc golf community.

You kind of make my point for me, you and i both know what a privilege it is to get to play this amazing championship course(I see you live right down there in close proximity to the course) but think about the people around the country that have never seen or even heard of this great course. Last year around 550 berths were awarded for only 144 spots and it didn't come anywhere near filling until they opened reg to 935+ rated players. I think that tells the story right there. All i am saying is they should have a dedicated updated website for info on the event and for there to be coverage of the event. The only videos you will see from last years tourney will be from someones phone. Also the course is not even on this website so people cant get course info or drool over the photos which would help :)

^Just found the course page on here, it was hiding from me.:doh:

But good point below none the less. I am spoiled to remain part of this premier event, despite my lack of skill to play in the big show itself. Perhaps the marketing/website could be improved upon. I would like to believe that our amateur national championship would be motivation in itself. Funny, I can give "ru4por---world champion" a run, but not good enough to claim our national title. But, maybe that is a different thread.

IDK why that would be the case. Beautiful course and top notch amateur competition. Probably the biggest event that doesn't get video coverage. If there is a good reason for this event not to get exposure i would love to be enlightened.

The powers behind this event actively discourage video coverage.

Wow. I am pretty familiar with most of the "powers that be". Seems like a pretty inflammatory remark without specifics. I guess there could be reasons behind such a decision, to discourage filming. I would like to hear a little more on this, opposed to seemingly negative remarks made on the interwebz.
I could come off sounding a bit defensive, but "powers that be" could well be the volunteers who make this area one of the finest disc golf areas of the country. Putting in hours and hours of tireless work. Maybe not, I am not sure who I am talking about.