• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Verdict/Truth and Roc3/Mako 3 combos

There's lmost an infinite amount of mid combos - Wasp/Buzzz - Buzzz/BuzzzSS - BuzzzOS / Buzzz - Roc3/Roc - Roc3/Mako3 - Roc/Atlas - well, I could go on and on and on..........but I'll just say that its whatever you like and are comfortable with

I just suggest having a fairly stable mid with reliable fade and then a very straight mid that can turnover when you need it. Slightly OS / Slightly US mid ---doesn't matter the make, company, plastic, weight, just whatever gives you those flights --- Ive thrown TOO MANY mids and honestly I've liked almost all of them. Aftershock, Comet, BuzzzSS, Compass, Roc, Roc3, etc

This.

With sooooo many really good choices, it's almost as personal and individual as putting putters. Find what works and bag 'em.

Or just use one mold and work on your angles...

That works for getting around trees but not as much in heavy winds. In the midwest having some true OS discs is a must for headwinds, and true US discs for tailwinds. But if you're blessed enough to play in a part of the country that's heavily wooded, then sure be all means throw one versatile mold and learn angles aplenty. :thmbup:

If it were me, I'd bag a beefy Verdict and a beat in straight Verdict and then complement it with either a Claymore, Fuse, Tursas or Evidence. I've gotten fond of flicking mids lately and the Verdict just feels a bit better for that grip. Plus, it's probably the closest off the shelf mold that I know of to my precious Nebulae. I like the Truths but I probably wouldn't bag one unless I lost a beat up Verdict and needed a quick substitute. Maybe a beat neutral Truth hyzer flip flicks.

I actually really like Trilogy's mid lineups. Core, Bard, Warship, Pine, etc are all solid.

I actually really like Trilogy's mid lineups. Core, Bard, Warship, Pine, etc are all solid.

Just bag a Wasp and Comet and you'll be all set. Or the inferior Buzzz and Buzzz SS/Meteor combo. Seriously Discraft's mids are the best in the game if you don't mind carrying 2 molds. 1 mold is still the Roc.

Just bag a Wasp and Comet and you'll be all set. Or the inferior Buzzz and Buzzz SS/Meteor combo. Seriously Discraft's mids are the best in the game if you don't mind carrying 2 molds. 1 mold is still the Roc.

Funny story. I lost a Z Buzzz a year ago at a tourney. At the same tourney this year, the TD greets me with my lost Buzzz so I bagged it. Ended up making a lot of good throws with it, especially sidearms.

I haven't had a Wasp in years though. I could probably bag a Wasp, Buzzz, and Comet without any real difficulty but the feel difference between the three would subconsciously bug me. I would be more likely to bag a couple of Comets and a KC Pro Roc and maybe a Zone and Buzzz for flicks. I'm finicky with my mids b/c I use them a lot (practically my drivers on wooded courses) and I'm like 60/40 BH:FH now.

Funny story. I lost a Z Buzzz a year ago at a tourney. At the same tourney this year, the TD greets me with my lost Buzzz so I bagged it. Ended up making a lot of good throws with it, especially sidearms.

I haven't had a Wasp in years though. I could probably bag a Wasp, Buzzz, and Comet without any real difficulty but the feel difference between the three would subconsciously bug me. I would be more likely to bag a couple of Comets and a KC Pro Roc and maybe a Zone and Buzzz for flicks. I'm finicky with my mids b/c I use them a lot (practically my drivers on wooded courses) and I'm like 60/40 BH:FH now.

You seem a lot like me, except Trilogy plastic breaks in too fast for me. I hate the feel of beadless mids, beadless putters are different. I had a Roc3 to start and that was my workhorse mid, while a Ridge was my putter, so that explains my affinity for beads. Also I've had multiple brief stints with Buzzzes and they just don't stick (I find them to be unpredictable on when [or if] they turn, which is a dealbreaker in the woods) I suspect it has something to do with my way of throwing mids, but I could be wrong.

You seem a lot like me, except Trilogy plastic breaks in too fast for me. I hate the feel of beadless mids, beadless putters are different. I had a Roc3 to start and that was my workhorse mid, while a Ridge was my putter, so that explains my affinity for beads. Also I've had multiple brief stints with Buzzzes and they just don't stick (I find them to be unpredictable on when [or if] they turn, which is a dealbreaker in the woods) I suspect it has something to do with my way of throwing mids, but I could be wrong.

I don't notice the break in as much with mids and putters as I do their drivers but that might have more to do with my shot selection (I don't blast trees very often with mids) and I tend to start with molds a lot more overstable than what I eventually want, like a cycler. Beads or bead-less has never really bothered me but it feels odd to me on wide diameter mids when I've got both.

... In the midwest having some true OS discs is a must for headwinds, and true US discs for tailwinds.

I've been struggling with this for the past month as the winds here have been picking up.

I've finally settled on a Star RocX3 for headwinds, and a Champion Manta for my tailwind shots. My Mako3 is for calmer dead straight shots. For my arm, these three have been great additions.