• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Veteran’s Baskets

txmxer

* Ace Member *
We have the eternal(ly stupid) thread about smaller baskets.

I would argue that the veterans baskets meet the criteria being put forth. They are pretty selective about what stays in and even a bit stingy with some good putts.

A singe set of outside chains. I'm not suggesting it's better. The argument is only a handful of putts in any given round.

Prodigy don't require touch but do not like off center putts. I would place them a top of the current giant basket designs.

They dont like your off-center putts. My off-center putts on prodigy baskets have no issue. Prodigy would be my second favorite basket to play on with Discatchers being the king to me.

Veteran baskets, just like the MVP black holes have chains that are too light and dont catch well anywhere. Plus the sound they make is really off putting to me.

Veteran baskets, just like the MVP black holes have chains that are too light and dont catch well anywhere. Plus the sound they make is really off putting to me.
they catch my (good) putts fine, but yeah, the sound isn't right.

they catch my (good) putts fine, but yeah, the sound isn't right.

Its more like I have no confidence that the basket will actually catch my putt. Doesn't matter if I use a pitch putt or spin putt or really any putt. I always worry that the putt is going to spit thru the chains or bounce off the pole or bounce out of the bottom of the tray, its just very nerve racking for me to putt on them.

They dont like your off-center putts. My off-center putts on prodigy baskets have no issue. Prodigy would be my second favorite basket to play on with Discatchers being the king to me.

I agree and feel like that DISCatchers are the king...but I wonder how much is because they're iconic (the yellow band) and so often the brand I putt on. It seems to me that DISCatchers and DGA Machs (of various numbers except X) are the far and away leaders of most-frequently installed baskets. So, I get used to them.

That said, there's no denying differences among the brands. I recently had the rare experience of playing Prodigy baskets, and man - that inside chain arrangement acted like a solid wall to stop weak putts from dropping into the cage...

It depends on which version of Prodigy baskets you are referring to?

I find T1 and T2 catch well, whereas T3 love to push putts out due to the configuration.

I don't think you've played on prodigy. They kick off center more then others. Which is a good thing.