• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf - Second Durability Demo Video

What really caught my eye was the Olsen Slip Test on the ESP, Star and Champ plastic. ESP and Star are supposed to be an improvement in grip over Champ and Z plastic, that was the whole point of those plastics. According to this test, the Champ plastic scored a 3.9 while the Star plastic scored a 3.7 and the ESP a 3.6. The Champ plastic scored better for grip than ESP and Star. Hmmm...

I did my own test and the conclusion was That if I grip the disc tightly they all have the same grip.

I did my own test and the conclusion was That if I grip the disc tightly they all have the same grip.

Hahaha, very true.

I also would think this test could be interesting if you did an array of analysis on different weights (maybe that would be less conclusive, but still a good gauge to try different amounts), temperature changes (hot vs cold), humidity (dry, damp, and coated, and submerged).

I'll be there at 2:00 (double check time with The Wright Life) on Saturday (two days from now). We'll do a durability demo, check out the grip of the Vibram discs, and discuss some helpful hints to improving your putting.

If we can find a place to do a CTP contest, we'll also do one with each of the three discs with the prizes being a couple of VPs, Ridges and Summits.

And lastly, we'll be doing a drawing and two people at the demo will get to become Vibram testers.

(Note: We're doing the same thing at Phenix Disc Sports at 10 AM on Saturday.)

you doing any of these in MA?

Hey, dont stop there Steve, call the padrones in Albizzate and tell them you need a west coast tour.
Maybe two weeks, fly to Seattle, throw some Ridges into a wall, then head south, bashing and abusing discs as you go, fly back out of San Diego after showing how Summits melt wayyyyy slower on a hot sidewalk than Star Avairs do. :D

Dog Tested?

I know it's not disc golf related, but another visual durability test could be letting a dog play catch with each premium plastic putter. It'd be interested to see how vibrams hold up against bite marks.