• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was obvious IMO with their lineup only lacking in distance drivers now they can move onto some of the more specific needs/wants/gaps... Utility style molds etc-- really excited to try a new OSlace!

This was his exact entry:

"My guess is an overstable lace. Although others have estimated that the 420 could indicate the distance if thrown properly, my guess is that it is the anticipated release date of the final product. By April 20, you will have feedback from the beta-testers, and will be able OK them for production, and delivery by that date. With Lace being the newest on the market, you are ready to move into overstable now, with understable lace next."

it was obvious IMO with their lineup only lacking in distance drivers now they can move onto some of the more specific needs/wants/gaps... Utility style molds etc-- really excited to try a new OSlace!

But the mobex / overstable fw was the most requested by far... OS lace will be for the minority of players who can truly handle it. First disc from vibram that i really dont have any intrest what so ever, sorry :)

Last edited:
But the mobex / overstable fw was the most requested by far... OS lace will be for the minority of players who can truly handle it. First disc from vibram that i really dont have any intrest what so ever, sorry :)

Yeah but from a PRO level they NEED this mold. The lace was their last production run so easy change to make an OS verison... I agree it will not be as popular maybe for the masses but it fills the only real void they had as my lace was nothing like a beefy destroyer or force even like which are veryyyyyyy popular molds.

The Ridge is the definition of straight/stable. Thrown flat, it's gonna ride straight with a touch of fade at the end. And this holds true no matter how much you crank on (assuming you don't give it a bunch of OAT).

I prefer a VP/Summit combo because they easily cover all my shots 250' and in, but a Ridge can cover pretty much all those same lines. I just love the VP too much and I play on the windy plains of Illinois so I like having the VP and Summit combo to cover strong headwind and tailwind situations, respectively.

Thanks for that, I think I'm gonna give it a try. Can't hurt.

I agree it will not be as popular maybe for the masses but it fills the only real void they had as my lace was nothing like a beefy destroyer or force even like which are veryyyyyyy popular molds.
I for one welcome our new overstablelords. :thmbup:

Now that the cat's out of the bag, maybe Mr. Dodge (or any of the testers) speak to how OS the 420 is compared to the current Lace.

OS Lace huh? I can understand that move, I'm sure that's the most requested mold from their team members. However, I really have no interest in it... I don't really have the arm speed for a Lace as it is, I definitely couldn't handle an overstable version. I'll still probably buy one to try/support Vibram, but I don't see myself bagging it.

Last edited:
Vibram has been more than kind to the average thrower - no problem with them giving the big guns something to work with.

if this bad boy flies anything like my upper 160s tournament giants i'm gonna be stoked. nice and straight even into a headwind with a hard fade at the end.

Vibram has been more than kind to the average thrower - no problem with them giving the big guns something to work with.

Absolutely, I totally agree. I wasn't trying to sound negative, just saying that I doubt that I'll bag the new driver. I already have an all Vibram bag that covers at least 95% of the shots I could ever need on the course, so I have nothing to complain about.

if this bad boy flies anything like my upper 160s tournament giants i'm gonna be stoked. nice and straight even into a headwind with a hard fade at the end.
Exactly my thoughts as well. I like my Giant, but reach for the Lace on most distance shots because it's so versatile. Having one that will not flip will almost surely knock the Giant out of the bag.

In honor of our new Vibram overlords, I decided to update my profile picture today.

Got a Trak and Ascent today. The Trak may be kicking my Leopard out.

The verdict is still out on the Ascent. Fighting for space against my Eagle/Teebird combo.

I figured I'd come over here and tell everyone about the R420 contest winner, but it seems that I am a couple pages late! Nice work everyone, and congrats to Chase Hayden, our newest Vibram Tester Team member.

I could say stuff like this for a million years and only scratch the surface. Mr. Dodge, what does your schedule look like for the year? I really just want to know when my next chance to hang out with you will be. :D

I will work on my calendar for posting. The schedule is 90% finalized. For starters:

Bowling Green
Am Worlds
Pro Worlds
Players Cup
Vibram Open

Yay! I'm excited about the overstable Lace (Leather?)! I'm sure Steve just wanted to see the Xcal and Flick leave my bag. Thanks for helping me disc down, Steve. You're a pal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts