• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Five Fingers KSO

I've been using mine a lot lately, not only for disc golf but for running and walking to and from my classes. My only problem is the scent, I suppose I could reduce this by wearing the socks they make but they're expensive and I like how they breathe when I'm barefoot underneath, anyone have any suggestions for reducing the smell?

I've been using mine a lot lately, not only for disc golf but for running and walking to and from my classes. My only problem is the scent, I suppose I could reduce this by wearing the socks they make but they're expensive and I like how they breathe when I'm barefoot underneath, anyone have any suggestions for reducing the smell?

I've heard lavender oil keeps em nice and fresh due to natural microbial stuff, but I haven't tried it.

I soak mine in vinegar and water over night and then run them through the rinse cycle in the washer.

I wear a pair of treks all day everyday and have to soak/wash them about every 3 or 4th day. You can also put them in a buck of water with a couple of efferdent denture tabs. That is the method recommended by vibram on their facebook page but I have not tried it yet.

My birthday is in a couple days and i've been dropping hints like crazy...man, i hope i get em!

I recently got a pair of the sprint vibram five fingers, mainly for working out in, but I've been surprised at how much I have liked playing in them over the past few days.

I tried those when I bought my treksports last month and they just dont fell the same. You can goto any retailer and get a zero drop show that is basically the same concept as a five finger but there is just something about having your toes in the little pockets that really makes the shoes feel almost like a second skin.

When I used to wear nikes I would rip them off as soon as I got home. Now with my treks I find myself getting ready for bed and realizing I still have them on.

I have the bikilas and love them. The top strap gives a lil extra support feel.
I'm really interested in those in the pic.

Fila makes these as well. I saw them a Kohls for like $40 a while back

Going home tonight I saw a billboard advertising these very shoes. Has anyone here tried these?

1PK000EX_001_01_LG.jpg

For anyone here in the Charlotte/Concord area, Lebo's carries the Vibram Five Fingers KSO's. I just found this out tonight when I was walking past the store front. I really wanted to try a pair of these on but I didn't have time. They definitely are interesting looking when you see them in person.

my buddy has a pair...but he essentially broke his toe playing dg in them. with all the roots, stumps, concrete pads, etc. it's tough to avoid injury with all your toes exposed. but to each his own...i'm sure they have their place...

There's a guy at our local course with the filas. Looking at them in person they look a lot cheaper, but maybe thats just me being judgmental.

I picked up a pair of the Komodo Sports about 2 weeks ago and absolutely LOVE them. I picked them up specifically for playing disc golf in,which is why I picked the Komodos, they seemed like the beefiest pair.

I never thought a pair of shoes could change my game as much as these did. I had to totally adjust my pivot motion on my plant foot while driving. My first 2-3 days playing in these was total crap, shanking shots left and right off the tee. After about a week of playing in them I finally adjusted, and now my game is back to normal. The problem was previously I had the majority of my weight over the very front of my pivot foot, on the ball AND toes. With the Vibrams I couldn't pivot like that on my local course(concrete tee's). The soles are just too grippy and it would hurt my toes. I had to change my weight balance to be primarily on the ball of my plant/pivot foot, to take the stress off the toes. This was very hard to do at first and totally messed up my game. But once I adjusted my game came right back around.

In the end I knew it would be worth the adjustment period for me as I absolutely love these shoes. I tried to disc in my Merrels the other day and it felt so weird to be in a "regular" shoe again that I changed into my Komodo's after 3 holes! I am now looking forward to picking up another pair for everyday use. With that being said I've been wearing my komodo's everywhere but work, but I'd like to use these exclusively for disc golf.

I just got a pair of the Treksports and am very excited for them. Played my first round in them and they felt fantastic, not even making my feet uncomfortable on the several asphalt fairways on my home course.

I do have a question though as friends have given me mixed reviews..
How long can I expect the tread to last with regular use on concrete teepads?

I've had the KSO's for a week or so and have noticed the absence of dirty socks is a pleasant improvement. These things feel great while walking on the course, a walking foot massage. They do tend to get stuff stuck between the toes, had a few briars get in there and yowza! Maybe the improved versions will have toe-gap guards.