• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Victoria, Canada? May 24 to June 2

Qikly

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Howdy folks.

I'm going to be in Victoria May 24 to June 2 or so; any courses in the immediate area? Probably won't be able to make it over to Vancouver, which seems to have boatloads.

Any recommendations would be mighty appreciated. Bonus points if a local wants to get a round in!

I appreciate the course and transportation info! Bummer about the lack of local courses. Pender looks gorgeous, if a total ass kicker (at least for this southern boy not used to the woods). It would be an awesome feather in my cap to play, but it looks like it would be an all-day affair to get there. Hopefully I'll find a way to swing it.

Cheers, mate!

If you have a car there are a couple of courses up-island in Nanaimo, maybe an hour or two from Victoria. Bowen Park has 18 baskets, and it looks like the other two are tone or post holes. A couple of years ago I made the trip to Victoria, took a bus to the park where the course was supposed to be, only to find that the baskets had been pulled months earlier. No one had updated the course info. on the website I looked at (not DGCR). We went to the brewpub. Beautiful city, though.

Bowen in Nanaimo is your best bet if you dont want to take a ferry, I'd also check out duomont. The woodlot is pretty rough still

Latest posts