• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video Cameras?

got a Kodiak zx3 playsport for xmas and its pretty sweet. the 720 60fps works quite well. im uploading some video right now ill put in a new tread. my girlfriend got it in a package with two batteries two sd cards and a case. the battery life isn't great but it will do especially with two of em.

Would suggest looking at a DSLR. They are superior in allot of ways and canon is packing in some pretty impressive features into them nowadays. Plus, you get a amazing camera. The Disc Golf Sweden Vid was shot on a 5d Mark II which is a 3500 dollar camera but the movie portion ofthe camera I believe is the same as the t2i etc. They have huge sensors in them, but you will need a tripod and can't hold them in hand as they are very sensitive.

A DSLR is way overkill for what the guy wanted to do. He just wants to record some field practice and check his form. Hell, I'd say use a cell phone video camera before going out and dropping 4-figures on a DSLR package. Don't get me wrong, I love my 60d, but I use a little Zi8 because it suits this purpose better.

-Also, the t2i <<< 5d, but that's another topic/discussion entirely.

Saw some other 600 + camera being suggested you are right though should have read the initial post. Of course 5d is >>> but t2i not a bad little package. Had a few Go pro vids posted up but it didn't track the disc all that great. Those Flipcams seem to be the way to go!

Yeah they're handy for sure. I'm trying to put together a project for 2011 Worlds - so my DSLR will get some love in that arena though :D

Latest posts