• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Viking Discs

geo_08

Double Eagle Member
So what can folks tell me about viking discs? Is the company itself still around? I am curious to try some of their molds, but the last thing I want to do is find a mold I like by a company that isn't really in business anymore. The latest stuff I can find on their social is from like October of 2019.

Any of our European friends have insight?

I like what I've thrown from them, mainly the Fire line discs with the lights in them fro glow golf, but don't know much about their current situation.

I just picked up a Viking Axe in Armor plastic off of ebay.... looking forward to trying it out. I like the numbers... 4 3 0 1

I've been throwing a Armor Barbarian. A lot Like a Tee bird maybe a bit more domey. I really like the plastic. Only beef is I had to file down sharp flashing on the rim that was dragging on my hand.

I just picked up a Viking Axe in Armor plastic off of ebay.... looking forward to trying it out. I like the numbers... 4 3 0 1

My Axe seems to be caught in USPS purgatory... hopefully it can make it out within two to three weeks.

Update.... my Axe survived USPS...

Man, this is becoming my favorite approach disc from inside 100-200 feet.. and even below that.. it is easy to throw straight. It also is understable enough to use around trees when you need something to stay on an anhyzer flick

It is fairly domey. The armor plastic is great and super tough.

I think I want to try a Rune and Barbarian next and then maybe a Ragnarok.

Bumping it up. The Ground plastic Rune is in danger of replacing my Prime Judges for throwing putters and also my Banger GT putting putters in one fell swoop. Ground plastic is possibly the best putter plastic I've ever felt, it is extremely grippy and from what I understand Viking Discs plastics come from DuPont in Germany. The Rune in Ground plastic is very flat compared to their premium plastics, backhand grip sorta feels like a Judge but forehand the bead profile is different so it really fits the hand better.

Stamps aren't half bad either.

picture.php

I kinda like the "prosthetic limb beige" color.

If the US store opens up, I may snag some of these discs (always been into Norse mythology).

But I will say, by far my favorite logo for a disc golf company.

VikingDiscs_logo_720x.png

They have plenty in stock on infinite and MST if you don't want to wait.

If the US store opens up, I may snag some of these discs (always been into Norse mythology).

But I will say, by far my favorite logo for a disc golf company.
They're starting to get more widespread, I picked three up from my local Play it again sports here in WA and two more from Infinite. Gotta agree, the logo is sweet.

They've been selling like hotcakes here. Just restocked what I could get. Lots of people going with smaller brands since we can't get any stock from the big mfgs

They've been selling like hotcakes here. Just restocked what I could get. Lots of people going with smaller brands since we can't get any stock from the big mfgs

Which ones have had the biggest lift? I've alwYs had some hipster discs but I've been throwing more RPM and Yikun this year as they had discs that work in slots of discs I can't find currently.

Which ones have had the biggest lift? I've alwYs had some hipster discs but I've been throwing more RPM and Yikun this year as they had discs that work in slots of discs I can't find currently.

Axe, Berserker, Ragnarok, Rune, and Loki are the top 5 here in the past 12 months. Loki is number one here. Haven't thrown one, but heard they're quite OS

Has anyone on here thrown a Nordic Warrior? Slow mids are fun to throw but I would prefer they have more than the 1 fade of the axe.

Rune in Ground plastic has officially become my new putting putter, first change since 2016 just kicked the Banger GT out. The 2/4/0/0 numbers on the Ground Rune are pretty conservative IMO, it holds anny but doesn't burn, it holds slight hyzer and doesn't flip, thrown on multiple 250+ holes and it takes the torque FH and BH, I still have a Beat up Prime judge in the bag for flip to flat and turns and an Opto X Pure backup but I think the Rune may take over every single slot if they beat in appropriately. My first thought is that it's more like a 2/4-5/0/1-1.5 with the most recently molded runs. Can really take the torque, very pleased.

Last edited: