• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

vintage disc bag suggestions

Dingus

Banned
I just purchased a hole 7 leather bag and I feel like that is the perfect bag to put some old plastic into. Looking for suggestions on a classic bag with a date restriction on it. Please help me out, post a date and under 12 discs.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 25 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH up to 250'
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter: 250/300'; Mid: 300/340'; Driver: 380/400'

Cutoff year: 1991

Drivers:
180 DX viper (fresh, OS distance)
180 DX viper (worn, workhorse driver)
180 DX viper (beat, straight driver)
160 DX viper (beat, turnover driver)

Mids:
180 DX Rancho Roc (fresh)
180 DX Rancho Roc (Worn)
180 DX Rancho Roc (beat)
180 DX Ontario Roc (beat)

Putters:
175 XD (putting)
175 XD (throwing)
175 Hammer (small diameter) (throwing)

Thoughts: I have never beat a viper into turnover status so I'm not sure how that will work out. Also I feel limited in OS putters for driving, which is a more modern throwing style. The hammer with a bead would hopefully keep some stability going.

I have thought about rotating Vipers instead of Gazelles in my bag. The problem I have found is the Star takes to long to beat in. Champs are too stupid OS. The DX doesn't really really hold a nice Gazelle OS long enough. I have thrown a Hammer. It isn't OS by any means.

If you want some non-Innova options, there are a number of Lightning discs that you can get still in production from pre-1991, the Rubber Putter (AT6 Texan), #2 Roller (B-17), #3 Slice (F14), #2 Driver (F15), #2 Flyer (B2), #3 Hyzer (F18), etc.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Man I don't know if this meets any of your requirements.....but a good old cactus stamp Discraft Cyclone belongs in the bag. It just does:)

Man I don't know if this meets any of your requirements.....but a good old cactus stamp Discraft Cyclone belongs in the bag. It just does:)

Cactus Clone was for sure a thought, and the only reason I put together the bag I did was to move the date back to '91. If I moved the date to '93 it also opens up magnets for putting which I prefer to the other putters available in 91.