• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vinyl clean off???

HatchetHunter

I am using an intermediate vinyl called shineRite. After I am done dyeing the disc and clean the vinyl off there is a residue left over. Does anyone have a better way to clean the disc after dyeing, besides a tire bush and good old fashion elbow grease?

yeah... i use a product called rapid remover... it is an industrial grade adhesive remover. You can also use goo gone, of goof off. Use a credit card to basically scrape the glue off when its saturated with either product.

Then i just wash the disc in warm water with regular dish detergent.... if the disc gets a little dull from the process rub some turtle wax on it, and that sucker will shine.

not really... just gotta make sure you rub it real good with a towel to remove any extra wax. since its only the flight plate your only touching it with your thumb most likely.

WD-40 will remove the sticker residue pretty easily. Never tried it on a dyed disc though. As they say "try on a small area first"

acetone will dissolve it almost instantly but it will also pull up some of the dye. be careful if you go this route

What about when you are dyeing a multiple-color disc? How do you get the residue off to dye the next color?

Simply spray some goo off or similar adhesive remover and wipe it off. I use goo off (goo gone, haha, can't remember). Its not strong enough to remove any dye thats on there and you can even use it around the masking material and it won't jeopardize it.

I use Goo-Gone. I wet a q-tip with it and then rub the q-tip around where I can see the leftover tack. Works like buttah. Doesn't pull up any dye, and I've done it right out of a dye bath. The q-tip stays clean.

Latest posts