• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vlcek's Goodies

dvlcek

Birdie Member
Stable Control Driver
DX Gazelle (2)

Distance Driver
Star Wraith (2)
Proline Tsunami (Windy days)

Understable Driver
Beat DX Gazelle (1)
Beat 9x KC Pro Gazelle (1-pretty much roller/trick shot only it's so beat)

Moderately Overstable Driver
Proline Tsunami (2-3)

Very Overstable Driver
Z Predator (1)

Mids
DX and KC Pro Roc (4 DX and 1 KC)

Putters
SS and Medium/Glow Wizard (2 SS-putting and 3 Med/Glow-driving)

All fit nicely into a Revo Carolina bag.

Triplebogey said:
I'd replace the beat Gazelle with a Leopard.

what?! a beat gazelle is a *wonderful* turnover disc, and adding a leopard would just add a new mold to the bag.

mark12b said:
Triplebogey said:

what?! a beat gazelle is a *wonderful* turnover disc, and adding a leopard would just add a new mold to the bag.

It's not as if he has too many molds. I always thought the Leopard to be more predictable than a beat up anything.

dvlcek said:
Triplebogey said:

Sorry, but I don't ever see this happening.
Good answer. There are only a small hanful of discs that are as or more predictable for a turnover than a beat DX Gazelle and the Leopard isn't one of them.

dvlcek said:
And the one last addition is a Z XL for tunnel shots where a lower line is needed and a Gazelle would need too much height.
You can always try the good o'l DX Teebird there, too.

I have thought about putting the DX Teebirds back in the bag (actually one made it back in for a couple of tourneys where I knew the courses and it still does what I ask of it) but wanted to play around with something new to me so decided to mess around with the Z XL. It's a pretty close call and like both. The Z XL I have is used so would like to pick one up new and see how it is from the beginning for myself since I know how DX Teebirds break in. Just all part of the fun in trying out different discs.

Excellent bag.

And yes, KEEP THE GAZELLE.
I went to an XL from the Leopard. The Leopard is no where near as consistent as a beat in Gazelle. Leopards seem like a good idea at first but as your game grows, they become more of a hindrance than a help.

schla104 said:
Excellent bag.

And yes, KEEP THE GAZELLE.
I went to an XL from the Leopard. The Leopard is no where near as consistent as a beat in Gazelle. Leopards seem like a good idea at first but as your game grows, they become more of a hindrance than a help.

To me both Gazelle and Leopards are touch discs. Gazelle handles winds minimally and Leos not at all. I can easily put more speed than I have snap to compensate for on both these discs. No joy in headwinds and on days when my timing is off and I start to accelerate my arm too early. No late power focus kills the usability of these discs for speed dominated throwers like me.

That's true. They don't handle winds well. The Gazelle is a better choice though imo than a Leopard would be. If you can, find a Pro Gazelle. These things are sweet.

Been a year so figured I would check back and see what has changed:

Stable Control Driver
DX Gazelle (2)

Distance Driver
ESP Surge (2)
Proline Tsunami (Windy days)

Understable Driver
Beat DX Gazelle (1)

Proline Tsunami (2-3)

Very Overstable Driver
Z Predator (1)

Mids
DX and KC Pro Roc (3 DX and 2 KC)

Putters
SS and Medium Wizard (2 each)

Not much has changed.

Triplebogey said:

For some reason I felt like the leopard had a different rim than the gazelle - just the way it felt. Dunno if it's true, but it turned me off just picking it up. Gazelle felt more like the TL/Teebird, etc.

My yearly update.

Tourney Bag - Revo Carolina:
Stable Control Driver
Z Stalker (2)

Distance Driver
ESP Nuke (Open Air bombs)
Opto Riot (Low Lines and experimenting as a long thumber disc)
ESP Force (Windy days)

Understable Driver
Opto Vision

Tsunami (1 Proline and 1 Sparkle)

Very Overstable Driver
DX Banshee

Mids
DX and KC Pro Rocs (4-5 for different stability)

Putters
Pro D Magnet (2 - 1 for putting, 1 for touch shots anyway I want to go)
Medium Wizard (driving and windy day putting)
Pro D Rattler (Just had to give it a try, working great on non-windy days for approach shots)

Mountain Bag - Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey:
Stable Control Driver
Slightly used DX Gazelle

Distance Driver
Usually too many trees to need a big boy

Understable Driver
Beat DX Gazelle

New DX Gazelle
Beat DX Banhsee when she gets to that point

Very Overstable Driver
DX Banshee

Mids
DX Rocs (3 for different stability)

Putters
Pro D Magnet (2 - 1 for putting, 1 for touch shots anyway I want to go)
Medium Wizard (driving and windy day putting)

Well, there it is for now.

Not that the Banshee is a bad disc, but wouldn't a Predator or Firebird or XXX do the same role better??

dvlcek said:
Perhaps for some but not this guy. I like slow discs, even though I have some speedy ones for distance, the slower ones get more use on the course. Banshee fits my hands better for overhand and forehand too. I loved the X Pred (I could probably get rid of about three discs with a rotation) but I could never get comfortable throwing anything besides backhand with the Z Pred. XXX and FB are bricks in my hands. I get nothing out of them but a busted nut. Guess they worked well for short skippers.

Have you tried the Champ Banshees?

I have tried the champ Banshee but it's sitting on the shelf currently. DX seems to work just fine for this guy.

Stable Control Driver:
2-3 DX Eagle-X (170-175)

Distance Driver:
1 Champ Valkyrie (172-175)
1 Star Teebird (166-170, depending on wind, I may go with DX in the 172-Max weight)
(Still really searching for this spot, the DX Eagle-X does it all for me right now besides really overstable. Thought about visiting the Orc/Wraith/Surge type disc again but my small hands are having grip issues and inconsistent releases to take advantage of the speed/distance potential).

Understable Driver:
1 DX Eagle-X (Beat one from Stable slot rotated down)
1 DX Valkyrie (Max)
(May see a used DX Gazelle get tossed in for old time sake)

Moderately Overstable Driver:
1 Z Avenger (167-172)
(Gave these a try again after a couple of years and as bad as I want to say it, they bumped my Tsuzy-Qs out of the bag)

Very Overstable Driver:
1-2 Champ Firebird (150-Max, I'm digging the lighter weight, flat ones for thumbers. Heavier for skips and tricks)
1 Z Predator (166-170)

Mids:
2-3 DX and KC Pro Rocs (168-Max)
2-3 X and Z Comets (172-Max)
(Sometimes the X Stratus and DX Cobra visit the bag when it's higher elevation or tight courses)

Putters:
1-2 Pro D Magnet (170-174, these are mainly for anny/touch shot duties)
1-2 KC/JK Pro Aviar (170-174)
1 Champ Rhyno (170-174)
(Wizards are resting at this time)