• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

That would actually annoy the crap out of me. I hope they're removable.

It looked like the pocket came out once and didn't come out once so maybe it is just a hit or miss thing?

Luckly for a person like me, I don't carry enough discs (currently 15-17) so I would just keep my putters in the main compartment if I went backpack style so my discs aren't flopping around.

It looked like the pocket came out once and didn't come out once so maybe it is just a hit or miss thing?

Luckly for a person like me, I don't carry enough discs (currently 15-17) so I would just keep my putters in the main compartment if I went backpack style so my discs aren't flopping around.

I'd like to see how others deal with it. It almost seemed to me like he couldn't get the putter past the magnet when trying to put it back in :) So of course it pulled out with no problem again. Hard to tell.

I like the bag. That's the only point of concern for me so it's not bad.

I love Voodoo and I love the look of this bag but unfortunately it's way too much bag for me. I like the backpack design for a tournament bag to have additional space for food/extra towels/jacket and backpack bags are way more comfortable. But I only carry about 15-17 discs including backups to a tournament. So while I think the bag is great I won't be getting one since it easily carries twice as many discs as I ever do.

...and WTF is up with the magnet idea? Has there been a big issue with putters not staying in place without magnets? lol.

I love this bag. I want(ed?) this bag. But seriously wtf is up with the magnets? Feldy did a great job on the review but really the biggest highlight on the bag seemed to be how big of a pain it is to deal with taking out the last putter and putting it back in. I'm not so sure about it now.

This this a deal breaker for anyone else or am I off my rocker here?

If they were smart they'd use the magnet to KEEP the putter pocket interior from coming out when you pull your last putter out.

The magnet should keep the interior in perfect shape even without a single disc in there.

The way I look at it is, if I can fit as many putters as they say I can when is this problem ever going to come into play? If I'm only using 2 putters in the pocket I'm not utilizing this bag properly, but if that were the case though id prolly let it hangout till I got back from that disappointing putt(maybe blame it on the magnet hanging out throwing me off). It's your mind guys tell it you like something and tell the other little voice in your head I GOT THIS!

I dont know why bags have to have such a flimsy weird ballsack putter storage interior. Every putter (for the most part) is ABOUT the same diameter. I think the should design the pocket interior shape to be stiff and permanent, so 5 putters can just sit in there, much like the main disc compartment. Maybe have a small divider in there with velcro sides so if you only carry 1-2 putters you can use it to squeeze them to one side.

Remember these are prototypes.

-Rain fly to be added
-Dave talked about accessories, of which only the stool integration was specified

Can't wait to see the evolution of the design, but my Juju works great for me. I'm still learning the 12 discs I carry.

This is a good company owned by good people sponsoring good players.

Have faith

when I was using a grip, the putter pocket came out when I pulled out my last putter as well, so this is really a nonissue. and I'm really surprised that such a small thing would deter anyone- just cut it out with your pocket knife if it annoys you that much. I like the feldberg video a lot, but I was already 110% in on this so it just reaffirmed what I already knew- voodoo rocks my socks!!

Why didn't anyone say anything about Dave wearing crocs? Also I want to know whats in the bag!

Why didn't anyone say anything about Dave wearing crocs? Also I want to know whats in the bag!

What is wrong with Crocs? Marty Huggins wore Crocs to his mother's funeral and Marty Huggins father is still upset. Marty said "Mom would've wanted it that way, she was casual."

I hope the magnet idea gets scrapped. It's a gimmick. It doesn't really offer any useable function. It just increases the cost of the bag.

My guess is the "idea" behind it was something like the snap inside the Grip putter pocket. The magnet would shrink the top pocket so putters would stick out. If you wanted to load it up with 4 or 5 discs, the weight would push the magnets apart and the pocket would expand.

The problem is, magnets lose strength through time. And if these are cheap magnets (my gut says yes, only because high durability magnets would add like $20-$30 to a bag price), then in 6 months or a year they will be worthless anyways.

How many of you have thought to yourself, "man, I really wish I had something that gripped my putter and made it harder to get out of the pocket?" New bag designs are about filling the needs/wants of disc golfers. If you're going to add cost to a bag, at least add something useful.

I love my Mojo but I'm not to sure about those magnets. It really looks like more trouble than it's worth.

And Tater, I really wouldn't feel right spending $200 on a great bag only to have to start cutting it up with a knife to make it perfect. I'm sure that would have some effect on the warranty also.

Yeah I dont get the magnet idea....its the pocket on the bag that has the least chance of anything falling out...

I'd rather see the Velcro dividers like in the other Voodoo bags be added to the main compartment more than any other feature. That is what the Grip is sorely lacking.

Latest posts