• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

apparition

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Just thought I'd fulfill the wishes of those who asked for a thread when pics are actually posted.

photo_zps5606149b.jpg

fFDZ1l6.jpg

......can someone say.........grip?

Im sure there are some differences.......anybody know what they are?

this may be the most underwelling bag ever.

......can someone say.........grip?

Im sure there are some differences.......anybody know what they are?

Yeah..people can say grip, but nobody said OGIO when grip came out. Because thats where that idea came from

Who cares if some bags look the same. Nobody said anything about hyzerbombs bags looking like revos,or revo carolinas looking like innova bags/voodoo/fade

Hell even fishing bags

I'm glad it doesn't look like DD or Gorillaboy, etc. I like the slim top, and I like the marker pocket and zipper pockets up top.

Still a few unknowns. I'd like to see some of those pockets splayed open, and I'd like to see the backside, straps and all.

I've had a few Voodoo bags, and they are supremely constructed and very comfortable. It will also be nice to see some crazy color options. Love that purple.

Not giving up my Grip EQ though.

Dibs red pmed.

But srsly, I'm getting one of these!

Knowing voodoo, they will have brown and black as well. They have in every single other bag, ever.

How many discs are they supposed to hold? Looks like about 24 or so in the pic.

I like that what is made to look like their standard putter pocket seems to really be a zip opening to a top compartment. Their actual putter slot seems to be Grip/Prodiscus style. Sneaky design choice.

I'll have to see more, but it effectively looks like a Karma/Grip love child. Which is fine. I'm sure it's better made than a Grip. And they will still sell out, of that I'm certain. I was just hoping for something more unique from Voodoo.

It's the sleek design of a grip with the better materials, much better colors, way more cool logo, and probably better padding. And it will be cheaper. I'm sold.

Yeah..people can say grip, but nobody said OGIO when grip came out. Because thats where that idea came from

Who cares if some bags look the same. Nobody said anything about hyzerbombs bags looking like revos,or revo carolinas looking like innova bags/voodoo/fade

Hell even fishing bags

I reread my post and I can see how it may have come off negative. Basically what I am getting at is what makes this bag different from a grip. I have a grip and I like it a lot, but there are a few things I don't like about it.

1. I can't hold more than 20 discs comfortably (I don't need more than 20, but when I want to do some field work I'd like to be able to fit more discs)

2. I am tired of having to roll up sweatshirts/jackets like joints to get them in the side pockets

Other than those two things I love the grip......A lot of other bags that have more storage room IMO are too bulky, Does anyone have one of these lying around to give us a quick overview?.........

Bueller.........

And I want to clarify as well. I wasn't knocking the bag. It looks to be a better Grip option. Not just another option. Basically, why would you buy a Grip if this is available? I don't see anything initially that the Grip does better than this. And a half dozen things this bag seems to have over the Grip. So, aside from brand loyalty or people not educated about the bag options out there, this bag looks to make the Grip obsolete. No small feat. It's the same as the Flak/Contender situation.

My problem lies in that I wasn't looking for another Grip option.

And I want to clarify as well. I wasn't knocking the bag. It looks to be a better Grip option. Not just another option. Basically, why would you buy a Grip if this is available? I don't see anything initially that the Grip does better than this. And a half dozen things this bag seems to have over the Grip. So, aside from brand loyalty or people not educated about the bag options out there, this bag looks to make the Grip obsolete. No small feat. It's the same as the Flak/Contender situation.

My problem lies in that I wasn't looking for another Grip option.

Yep. Color options, well-organized pockets, and likely a bit more storage. Grip has a headstart, but if Voodoo can stock their bags efficiently, they may knock Grip from the top. We'll see.

Do you know the actual price? Or just speculating?

I believe Voodoo mentioned it being around $200, so comparable price.

Latest posts