• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] VRoc - "Hat Guy Science" The worst promo in the history of DG

Pretty sure that wasn't meant to be a 100% serious disc review. Something quirky and different, compared to every other disc out there that gets reviewed as "holds any line you put it on".

Innova does like to try new things, but this one was an EPIC FAIL. I think they thought it was humorous while pushing the values of the VRoc.

But think about it: who is going to play disc golf at -110 Fahrenheit? So why do I give a rip about the grip at that temperature? It looked like a pathetic attempt to validate GStar plastic, which Dunipace loves perhaps a bit too much as its popularity with disc throwers wanes (IMHO).

I'll just stop here. No sense giving that garbage more energy by continuing to talk about it.

i like that you are able to hold a gstar vroc while it's wet, dirty and even cold. seems pretty unique to the plastic and maybe even that specific mold and plastic combination. Gonna go buy a couple stacks. One to throw and one to sell on the collector market.

I thought it was entertaining for being a dumb video.

If they had done this with the Wizard everyone would be like "OMGz0rz this is soooo awesomesauce!!!"

i like that you are able to hold a gstar vroc while it's wet, dirty and even cold. seems pretty unique to the plastic and maybe even that specific mold and plastic combination. Gonna go buy a couple stacks. One to throw and one to sell on the collector market.

Pretty much how I felt...regardless of the missed delivery of the video, the goal for the message seemed to be all about the plastic and not the disc and I have no idea why.

But think about it: who is going to play disc golf at -110 Fahrenheit? So why do I give a rip about the grip at that temperature?
Is your sense of humour really that lacking?

The Hat Guy, a.k.a. Antti Vuento, is basically the Finnish version of the Disc Golf Guy. That video is just peeling the apple of what he's done, and Flip's comment on his hat is ridiculously ignorant.

Last edited:
Is your sense of humour really that lacking?

The Hat Guy, a.k.a. Antti Vuento, is basically the Finnish version of the Disc Golf Guy. That video is just peeling the apple of what he's done, and Flip's comment on his hat is ridiculously ignorant.

This may sound offensive, and I apologize beforehand. Are those his normal mannerisms, and way of speaking?

Are those his normal mannerisms, and way of speaking?
No, he speaks and acts like "normal" people whenever he's more serious about something. He hasn't talked much English in anything that's been recorded, and he commented on the Insider Show filmings that he tends to break the R when he does something unrehearsed, such as live interviews.

Last edited:
I think this is the first time a wider audience has seen the Hat Guy. I've seen some of his videos with Avery where they review discs and while not incredibly deep, they are a solid effort. This was an attempt at humor that fell incredibly flat IMO but don't judge Hat Guy from this single video.

No, he speaks and acts like "normal" people whenever he's more serious about something. He hasn't talked much English in anything that's been recorded, and he commented on the Insider Show filmings that he tends to break the R when he does something unrehearsed, such as live interviews.

Thanks for the info. To those of us who had no clue who is he is, it honestly seems like an American guy doing a funny skit, with a bad fake accent. (The Finnish accent is not very familiar to us Americans, in general) Good to know who he really is. (Not Nate Sexton. :eek: )

Either way, this is true:

This was an attempt at humor that fell incredibly flat

Its just not funny at all nor informative. The guy pretending to grip the disc in those conditions doesnt throw the damn thing and isnt even using a disc golf grip. All the footage of throws were no where near close to that basket if that was thr point.

Latest posts