• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

The Ti challenger I have is more overstable than a brand new D. Great thrower IMO

Kind of interested in the Vulture - might be better for me than the punisher.

Was it a Ti or Ti FLX? Huge difference between the two...

This was before Ti Flx. They did a run of them in 2014 I think it was. I had bought a Z Glo FLX chally the night before at the BG Ams Flymart, hoping it would be the beefyish replacement for my aging CryZtal but it was flippy US. I was like, WTF???, the first time I tried it in the field at Ephram White. So when I went to the players party Saturday night I saw a pastel blue Ti with a barstamp at the Discraft booth and bought it. It wasn't as US as the GloFlx was but still less stable than my worn in cryZ... That was 4 years ago so I don't know what newer ones fly like. If I had to put DC numbers on them, My CryZ started as a 1 and was more like a .5 at that point. The Ti would have been a 0 and the Glo a -.5.

This was before Ti Flx. They did a run of them in 2014 I think it was. I had bought a Z Glo FLX chally the night before at the BG Ams Flymart, hoping it would be the beefyish replacement for my aging CryZtal but it was flippy US. I was like, WTF???, the first time I tried it in the field at Ephram White. So when I went to the players party Saturday night I saw a pastel blue Ti with a barstamp at the Discraft booth and bought it. It wasn't as US as the GloFlx was but still less stable than my worn in cryZ... That was 4 years ago so I don't know what newer ones fly like. If I had to put DC numbers on them, My CryZ started as a 1 and was more like a .5 at that point. The Ti would have been a 0 and the Glo a -.5.

I tried a Ti FLX Challenger. The quality of the plastic was good, but it was a little too soft for my putting liking. Jawbreaker is better for me for putting. I'd be interested in trying a Ti Challenger for approaches.

Definitely picking up a Ti BuzzzOS. Are these regular production or is this limited Ledgestone?

Ti & Prodigy's 750 are the most durable plastic blends I've found.

Regular production runs for the new Ti and swirly ESP. Some already available in ESP will have to run out of the current ESP stock likely before the new swirly ESP will be available. Slower selling molds like the Impact will go this way where new molds, like the Thrasher, will be available in swirly ESP now. Ti is readily available now.

Moving forward that still leaves special run Jawbreaker, GLO FLX and TiFLX discs for Ledgestone. Maybe new plastic blends for special releases will be developed?

A million points to the one who posts a profile pic next to a similar mold.

Here ya go. Not the greatest pics. Neither the Thundy nor PD feel too similar to the Vulture

Green is the Vulture

Yellow is the *Thunderbird

Blue is the C-PD

Looks like a Wombat got hammered into a driver. Really weird looking rim.

Is that a bead? If so, hard pass. Hate beads on drivers.

Not a bead, but it does come out of the concave curve quite sharp.

Concave might not be the best word. Kind of flatish angle, then a drop

Attachments

• DSC06449.jpg
    DSC06449.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

..."the one color literally no one wants..." :clap:

I never understood why manufacturers make discs in camo colors. I get that some people just like certain colors but damn some of these things are just terrible. That gold Nuke you pulled out... If one of my friends bought that, I would throw it in a lake and hand him a $20...

Last edited: