• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WarHammer 40K Dyes

Sgt_Mac

Just blanked a handful of my seasonal discs (summer/spring) -- Would like to have someone put some full color dyes on them before next season.

Here are some examples.
post-104759-1234272644.jpg

chaos.jpg

And the like

Any suggestions for some artists out there that are capable ?

Thanks

your best shot would likely be Dynamic Dyemax(or i think there is another company that does the same thing), but i'm sure if anything is copyright protected, they won't be able to do it.

Yes. :) Show them off when you get them

Also, good to see someone promoting a store local to me. Disc stalker.

Discstalker states they don't do copyright materials. However, if you know how to do a bit of photoshop, you can change enough to make it your own under some of the creative exclusion clauses to copyright materials so it is no longer copyright so long as the derivative work is for you only. Meaning don't ask discstalker to print out a bunch of some image you modified because they won't.

A good example is my avatar. See my post history. I took a picture that was copyrighted, but added in a T pad, some extra lines, completed the "disc" in the image, added a top, border, writing, and a basket to the image. I changed enough that it is a new derivative work that while I couldn't sell it, is not protected the same way as the original work is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work

So by adding in those elements to the original work, I made substantial modifications and put in my personality to the original work. Technically as a derivative it is my work now. I could copyright it and resell it.... but it can get fuzzy a bit. So long as I am using derivative work for personal use it will be just fine.

So if you want to do a Warhammer 40K print as a derivative work, I suggest improving your photoshop skills. Take that chaos armor image. Instead of holding a gun, have him hold a disc. Now's it is substantially changed and reflects a different personality as a derivative work.

Last edited:
Hint, if you can't change the gun to a disc, put some writing along the side of the gun that says, disc gun, and try to make the ammo "lines" in the magazine look more like discs somehow. Maybe add a "patch" to the armor on the shoulder that is a disc golf basket or something related to disc golf.