• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp vs. Buzzz

Thank you everyone for great feedback!

I'm gonna take my Wasps back to the field to give them another try, and probably keep a newer one in my bag next to the Roc3 and compare them.

ive thrown lots of buzzzes over the years as well as wasps and had always looked for the magical buzzz you are asking for. in the past,heavy glo buzzzes fit the bill but can handle only so much wind. i have since settled on this setup

old barstamp buzzz - beat - understable
old z wasp - beat - straight with mild HST
old z wasp - semi seasoned - straight with mild fade
buzzz os - new - straight with zero HST and more LSF

wasps flew more consistent for me but i had to throw them cleanly and not over torque them on flex lines. the buzzz os is when i really want to have no chance of turn in a wind and still want a straight midrange flight. granted,the os is more than just a little more os than a regular buzzz,it still flies like one in heavy headwinds. the wasps get most of the use though and can handle majority of the wind conditions i play in. like everyone has mentioned,it may be user error. i have experienced this myself and always lets me know to clean it up before it becomes a habit. new wasps are good,glow or regular z,some fly ridiculously os. i prefer my wasps flat but i have thrown some slightly domey ones that had a higher PLH and were more os.

I only have one Wasp, it's glow plastic. It's fairly beat up and rather OS. I think it's around 170 grams.

Do they still make glow?

What kind of gorilla arm do you have that you're flipping Wasps so easily? Like someone mentioned earlier it sounds more like a form issue. A 175g+ flat Z Wasp is plenty OS especially if you're working the right lines with it.

The blue puddle tops can be straight to slightly understable new. I have one of those beat in to be a nice stand up woods disc. Mostly using only it for flicks these days.. it is kind of light as well, 168 i think. But the blue clear z wasps are all super straight i have found

Glad I found this thread to let me know it's not just me. I have a fairly new clear blue Wasp and it is flying like a Buzzz already. Guess it's time to look for more flat top green or pink Wasps. Those have always flown stable for me. ��

I've had a similar conundrum. Love how a fresh Z Buzzz flies -- just wish it could keep that stability it has over its first week or two of being in the bag. Tried the OS, but it's a meathook. Recently, I put a Lucid EMac Truth in the bag, and it's awesome so far, and seems to be exactly what I want. We'll see if it holds its stability, though!

For me the buzzzes have all been too inconsistent, but loved wasps. Not digging the hornet either. I'm starting to think I need beads on my mids.

Glad I found this thread to let me know it's not just me. I have a fairly new clear blue Wasp and it is flying like a Buzzz already. Guess it's time to look for more flat top green or pink Wasps. Those have always flown stable for me. ��

Color is irrelevant. My wasps are blue. More overstable than any buzzz.

I agree there are some wasps that don't mold up well, but color doesn't have anything to do with it from what I've seen.

Color is irrelevant. My wasps are blue. More overstable than any buzzz.

I agree there are some wasps that don't mold up well, but color doesn't have anything to do with it from what I've seen.

No, color should not have anything to do with disc stability or performance. However, it's possible that there was a situation where they came in and said "We're going to make a run of Wasps today, and they will all be blue today." And for some reason the temperature of the room was different and so that batch molded up different. Not due to the color itself, but because they made all of that run in blue, the blue Wasps get the reputation of being different...

For me, the Ti Buzzz has been very good and consistent. I really wish Discraft made greater quantities of discs of many molds in Ti plastic.

No, color should not have anything to do with disc stability or performance. However, it's possible that there was a situation where they came in and said "We're going to make a run of Wasps today, and they will all be blue today." And for some reason the temperature of the room was different and so that batch molded up different. Not due to the color itself, but because they made all of that run in blue, the blue Wasps get the reputation of being different...

For me, the Ti Buzzz has been very good and consistent. I really wish Discraft made greater quantities of discs of many molds in Ti plastic.

Correct on both counts. I don't think anybody would argue your above point which furthers my point as well. Ti wasp would be nice to have again.

TI wasp would be great again. Good thing I have a stock pile of em!

Also, Ive never had a wasp fly like a buzz even at a lighter weight. Im not sure where you all are receiving these janky wasps from.

For general rule of beginner to wasp fanatics, flat OS max weight=cant lose.

The wasp solved my problem with buzzes. A hint too much turn when thrown flat, not quite enough to hyzer flip consistently (for me). The wasp almost never turns when thrown clean, might drift a tiny bit but that's all, and has a consistent forward fade that I love. The wasp is a mold that I feel I don't see enough of. I don't know if it's underrated or overshadowed, but for me it's comets for straight shots that can't drift left, and wasp for straight shots that can't go right.

Love how a fresh Z Buzzz flies -- just wish it could keep that stability it has over its first week or two of being in the bag. Tried the OS, but it's a meathook. Recently, I put a Lucid EMac Truth in the bag, and it's awesome so far, and seems to be exactly what I want. We'll see if it holds its stability, though!

1. I've had a Halloween Glo Z Buzzz in my bag for a few years and it refuses to not be very stable. I play in NC where I smack tress on the reg' so I've given that disc plenty of opportunity to break but it just won't. I recommend a heavy Glo Z Buzzz.

2. I thought the BuzzzOS to be a useless meathook at first too. It's become a really important FH disc for me. There are a lot of times where I would rather use the BuzzzOS over my Resistors so I know I won't over shoot my target.

3. You don't want that Emac Truth. Emac was made in Kansas but the Truth was made in Sweden. By 'Murican my friend. 180g Glo Z Buzzz.