• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside discs announced!

just seems like too much work to use westside stuff, because the flight #s are so far off
i need to do a ton of homework to see how they fly for everyone vs. what they say they will fly like

i didnt hit up the hype of the other releases by them. ill wait on these too...unless there finally they come out with a ground breaking disc that i just cant seem to live without

Indeed! :clap:

9,6,-2,2 Looks awesome to me!
hatchet400x400.jpg

Holy **** that is a hella sweet stamp. Now I got to get it!

just seems like too much work to use westside stuff, because the flight #s are so far off
i need to do a ton of homework to see how they fly for everyone vs. what they say they will fly like

I've gone whole hog on Westside. Every disc I have tried has become a favorite for that slot. Also, I get great distance with great control with less effort than other discs, except Latitude.

Warship, Underworld, and Tursas are just great discs for what they do. I've started playing with the Swan 2 and the Stag now as well, and my initial results have been pretty sweet.

To me, it is so much LESS work using Westside.

i didnt hit up the hype of the other releases by them. ill wait on these too...unless there finally they come out with a ground breaking disc that i just cant seem to live without

To be honest with you the Underworld really deserves to be at least tested. It is a great disc and it made my bag very quickly.

the high speed ones don't really make sense with their current lineup. i can see the harp being a fan favorite. has zoneish numbers.

I've gone whole hog on Westside. Every disc I have tried has become a favorite for that slot. Also, I get great distance with great control with less effort than other discs, except Latitude.

Warship, Underworld, and Tursas are just great discs for what they do. I've started playing with the Swan 2 and the Stag now as well, and my initial results have been pretty sweet.

The ease of throwing is what won me over too: after throwing Westside fairways, I felt like I was cranking on other fairways while still not getting the results that I liked. I found it hard to switch between Westside drivers and other drivers because of this, and eventually settled on a Lat/Westside lineup the seems solid and complete to me.

(The Banshee is a sort of exception considering its role as meat hook lends itself to different shots than what I use my other fairways for.)

I think the Underworld is a really unique disc: a speed 7 that is truly understable out of the box. For a while it was my workhorse, and I'm amazed at how many lines it can carve for how understable it is. It has and continues to teach me a lot. Since I added the River back into the bag it's use has been a little more specialized, but I still take it out in a lot of contexts: perfect for turnovers, huge annys, and powered-down straight drives. The VIP and Tournament versions complement each other well.

The Stag is a great companion and a nice OS workhorse. It's a nice balance of turn, fade, and glide IMO. I feel like they get a bad rap because they turn more than the numbers indicate, but if you go in expecting a Westside Eagle X instead of a Westside Banshee you won't be disappointed.

I haven't spent much time with any other Westside discs, but I've been throwing those two since they came out and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Awesome, underrated discs.

I once overthrew a week old tournament plastic 1st run stag 400' feet and into a river on a 300' hole. Yeah, they got some glide for damn sure. Rivers used to be my money fairway for hyzerflips then I discovered the amp. I could maybe dig the hatchet. Time will tell how these hold up with the growing lineup.

I love the lat64 stuff, and yes, the westside stuff that I have flys good, just too much work to choose and buy.

Doesn't the Hatchet just have matching stats with the Fury? Maybe the Fury is more under stable than the -2/2 that Lat posts on their website, and this is meant to be the line shaper between the two. Otherwise, I'm not seeing the point of the disc. I understand they are "different" companies, so having similar discs isn't supposed to be an issue, but most people still consider Westside hand in hand with Latitude.

Oh well, I'll wait and see how she flies.

Numbers interpreted then set aside, my speculation on the genre Westside is shooting for:

World - Boss, no use to me but I know of folks that throw the Blizzard Boss far.
Sorcerer - Destroyer, still too much for me but would be tempted in Air.
Hachet - Beast/Diamond?, interesting.
Harp - Rhyno, can't wait. Love the Mystery Science Theater 3000 stamp.

The Hatchet is about the only one of the new drivers that is in my wheelhouse, so naturally I'm interested, but it has the exact same numbers as the Fury. So what do you think the difference is? Dimensions may be slightly different I guess?

The Hatchet is about the only one of the new drivers that is in my wheelhouse, so naturally I'm interested, but it has the exact same numbers as the Fury. So what do you think the difference is? Dimensions may be slightly different I guess?

Fury has a 1 fade, in practice as much as the flight numbers. If they are different, I assume the Hatchet will have a stronger fade than the Fury, with ~the same HSS.

The flight numbers on the fury are listed as 9,6,-2,2, everywhere I looked, including my discs, but I would agree that it has less fade then 2 in the 3 opto's I throw, the GL I have though is definitely a 2 fade. I could really dig a VIP "Fury" that threw like my GL.

The flight numbers on the fury are listed as 9,6,-2,2, everywhere I looked, including my discs, but I would agree that it has less fade then 2 in the 3 opto's I throw, the GL I have though is definitely a 2 fade. I could really dig a VIP "Fury" that threw like my GL.

That's my bad: I had gone of of Disc Golf Center's numbers, where it's listed as a 1 fade.

I've thrown one Fury in each plastic and both have had a mild, 1-ish fade, though the Opto had more HSS. I'll be curious to hear how much wiggle the Hatchet has.

^ I'm very curious as well. I'm wondering if/where this could fit in my bag. If it has more fade it could possibly replace the fury, or at least be a windy day counterpart. If it has more turn I don't think I need it. Either way I want to throw one for a round or two at least.