• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside King

I guess the King gets it's speed some other way...like from across the tracks

Well, the Northman ain't no speed 10 disc, despite what Westside lists it as.
I am dubious as to thier measuring techniques. I think they may have the radar gun set on kilometers instead of miles per hour. :doh:
King is probably a Wraith when you do the conversion from metric.
It doesnt matter though, thier VIP (Opto) plastic is great stuff, so I would probably buy one. :clap:

I'm curious as to what speed you'd assign the Northman, as all the discs it has been compared it to are also 10...

Well, I guess it would be like a slightly slower Valkyrie/Sidewinder crossbreed, in the 8 speed range really.

Westsides speed ratings are similar to DGCR max distance claims, and a similar formula, or ratio should be applied. :)

Well, I guess it would be like a slightly slower Valkyrie/Sidewinder crossbreed, in the 8 speed range really.

Westsides speed ratings are similar to DGCR max distance claims, and a similar formula, or ratio should be applied. :)

That sounds perfect.

And why do you think that they are using the same bogus numbers as Innova? Every company has their own bogus numbers and they are not interchangable.

I noticed that written on the bottom of the King is "prototype". That might have something to do with the understability. Let my two buddies test it out and they had the same result. Hyzerflip into a world record long roller.
Also received 2 Northm/en/ans and a Swan. The Northman threw well - to me like a beast/valk.The Swan is pure sweetness. The eco plastic feels great. Havent throwm it much but I'm on the verge of giving it a try for a few weeks. But there's no way i could change putter now right?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo on 2010-12-02 at 12.52 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-12-02 at 12.52 #2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 44
Just noticed this has been approved! When is it coming out? I'm curious after trying the sexy Lat plastic.. Also, how's the Northman been flying?

aj

It got approved a while back...but since LAT presses 'em, I'm sure Westside has had to wait while Flow, Havoc and Pain get run.

Also, how's the Northman been flying?

aj

I still love my Northman :clap: , and its staying in the bag.

I use it as a fairway driver when I want something understable.

I use four fairway discs depending on stability.
Most to least;
Eagle X/Eagle L/Gazelle/Northman

This covers me for any shot in this distance range.

King is set to be released March 1st, but we'll see how long it takes to get them in the states; GGGT is where I'll expect to find them first (I hope)

Hopefully it'll be the Lat64 Boss equivalent that the Havoc wasn't :(

They have a couple nice pics on the website too, heres one:
king1_600.jpg

King is set to be released March 1st, but we'll see how long it takes to get them in the states; GGGT is where I'll expect to find them first (I hope)

They weren't kidding: 3/1

(DTW BTW)
The King on the stamp is all bi'niss. He looks all cross and sore.

img20110301172146.jpg

Threw it this morning...awesome disc. Really easy to throw/very forgiving. On two different drives this morning I slipped on the teepad and came close to my longest throws ever on those 2 holes. On 2 others, longest ever no slippage and no question about it.

The rim is shallower 1.1cm didn't bother me though (maybe cuz rim is more like speed 11 or 12 width)
katana and nuke are 1.2cm

Rim is narrower at 2.3 cm
Katana and Nuke are 2.5 cm

Stability wise Id say these are right between nuke and katana
I dunno what speed 14 and fade 4 mean to westside...but not seeing that.
It does have a -1 turn or thereabouts tho

Anyone else test the da King out?

I am liking these plenty...only played 3 rounds with mine so far, but it is getting alotta throws already:thmbup:

Last edited:
I want to but its a bit pricey, especially with shipping when I don't need to pick up anything else from dtw :thmbdown:
By the measurements it looks pretty close to a Force (rim width), and just a slightly lower-profile. Where does it actually seem to be speed-wise?