• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

I have never thrown a Comet so can't actually comment

I can say that I was throwing the Warship yesterday into some very mild HW
with hyzer, popped up to flat, tracked right and then had a gentle forward fade

it was not a situation where I would have thrown my Fuse (which I understand to be more Comet like)

so indirectly I can answer that yes you can put a decent amount of power into the Warship

however, like a Comet or a Fuse it's not really going to react all that well to OAT as it is unlikely to come out of that kind of turn over

ManU, do you have any experience with the Comet? If so, would your TP Warships stack up with what others are saying about a Comet you can put more juice on?

I would say if you pick up a flat TP ship it would fit that description. I can hit almost identical lines with my flat 169 tp warship as my 174 x comet. I still carry both because I feel the comet is better for fixing form, which I'm focusing on right now, but both of them will flip up and hold lines very well. The only difference I would say is that when I power them down to 60% or so (think 150 to 170 foot range) the comet will still hold it's line to the ground where the ship will fade off a bit.

My flat 169 colorshift warship is fuse like in the senses that it hyzerflips nicely, however where the fuse will start to turn the warship will stay straight, with an ever so slight forward fade at the end. I tried to throw it purposely like the fuse today on a hole where the fuse is the the money shot. The warship flipped up, turned slightly and had a gentle forward fade and finished 30 ft further than the fuse. Whereas the fuse flipped up turned and did what it does so beautifully, kept the turn and glided up gently to the basket for a tap in birdie.

When I had a comet I loved the glide, and lines I could throw with it. However for what I used it for I found the fuse is more reliable, and more forgiving. The warship reminded me alott of the comet in its line shaping ability, but a sh%*t load more forgiving. If I am off with the warship I am not totally lost, where as with the comet it punished me for any error, or lapse in focus.
I want to get a heavy VIP to rip those frozen rope shots, anybody have one forsale or trade?

Thanks for the comparison. How does the Warship do when your form is off? Is it more forgiving than the Comet?

My ships have all been kind to me when my form is off. and I would say that they are much, much more forgiving than a comet. I view my comet as much more of a finesse disc, while my ships are more like a driver-esque mid (think buzzz in that sense)

I've had a sweet white TP Warship for about a week now - flat and flying as advertised; long and straight. I think the Roc comparison isn't really there - it's faster, longer, and has less hss and lss than the Roc. It's similar in speed to the Buzzz, if not a bit faster/longer, with a straight high speed portion of it's flight and a softer fade than a Z Buzzz. It feels like a Fuse in the hand, but flies like the Fuse might if it had no high speed turn - very glidey. It can hold a hyzer and fights back to flat on forced anhyzers.
I'm definitely enjoying it and the Roc - Warship - Fuse setup.

After about 2 weeks with my Warship it seems closest to a Buzzz SS, with more glide.

Love where it fits in with the GloGator, Pain and Pro Leopard.
At least for my sub 300' (but close) practice field arm.

after throwing these for a bit how are they fitting into everybody's bags? what others mids are you pairing them with? i picked up a pink 175 vip and profile wise it looks pretty similar to a pain. kind of surprised to hear that it isn't quite as stable as one. it sounds like it's a straighter disc, how does it compare to a core?

Its still fitting in nicely in my bag. I have it with the Pain and Fuse for my mid trio. The Warship isn't going anywhere...matter of fact, I had better buy more.:D

This is just making me more excited to get mine in the mail. I think this will be a nice workhorse mid amongst my Comet and Roc set-up.

what about tag teaming with a tournament and vip? thought about using a heavier vip and a lighter tournament for a while...

My current mid lineup is beat ESP Comet, fresh 3rd run Comet, and either a Drone or Zone. I can reach about 300' with the Comets (golf lines, consistantly) and don't really feel the urge to stretch this distance too much.

I love my Comets, but in the case of a low ceiling, too much wind, or if the shot is a touch too long, I found myself missing a near-fairway mid like the Buzzz. The Warship filled the spot perfectly. It's faster and a little longer than the Buzzz, but it definately has more glide and feels more like a "touch" mid than a power mid. I'm currently throwing a flat 178 TP Warship. It is definately beefier than any of my Comets, but it's not so overstable that I can't make an anhyzer stick. It's really workable as well; capiable of holding the line that you put it on. The notable difference is that if I throw it with just a touch of anhyzer, it will flex out on long helix shots. Like the Buzzz or a fresh Roc, it's gains a fair bit of stability when powered down.

I'm also working on learning to FH with it as well. My patience with learning good clean form in order to throw the Comet simply does not extend to my FH, but I also don't want to throw something uber-beefy and learn a bunch of bad habits.

i'm pretty excited, they just dropped 9 baskets in the park 2 minutes behind my house today. too bad i've been stuck at work. the holes will be shorter and more technical, so i'm looking forward to trying out my opto pure, 166 tournament and 176 vip warships, and giving the fuse another shot.

if its nice an stable for you maybe go under 170. i believe even in the same weight the vip is gonna be a bit more stable. i have some back up tourneys but my main one i throw a bunch is pretty gummy and my vip is stiff

I'm loving the Warship as a short fairway driver - it's taken pretty much all the work from my Buzzz, some from the TL, and even a little from my Roc. Very predictable hyzer-flipper off the tee, and still able to shape some lines on an approach or rough lie. Like a lot of 'touch' discs and larger diameter molds, it will tell you if your form is junk and wouldn't be my first choice in wind.