• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

Heh..when he asks me to dye them for him, it'll mean its a keeper...I need to setup my dye stuff...but the layout of the new house is not conducive to this...

for anybody who throws the buzzz and tried out a warship how do the two compare? i've been looking to try out the warship for a while and i think i'm about to pull the trigger. have people seen a big difference in stability between vip and tournament?

The Warship goes really straight for me. The only problem I have is getting used to the extra glide I get throwing it the same power as name mids. In the bag and getting more and more action.

I have a 168 colorshift, which is fairly flat as well. Needs a bit of hyzer then it flips up and glides for days. I like the short river comparison or a comet without the flipping and never coming back worries. I will need to get a heavier vip as I could see if I had one with a bit more stability it would be the sh$t for those frozen rope shots through the trees.

actually Gary I do now have 2 colorshift Tournament Warships

maybe not quite as stable as I would have liked...both quite flat

and from a trade I am waiting on a VIP Warship

they do glide well

I know this is about the Warship, but anyone rate the Sword in Tourney plastic?

I rate the Sword in Tournament and VIP
it is more stable in VIP and seasons a lot more slowly (both obvious statements probably)

once nicely seasoned the TP Sword will do a lot of things

I carry both the TP and VIP Sword in my bag along with a TP Giant

I have a TP Warship and it is nice...I think it may be just a tad too close to a Fuse

I have a 168 colorshift, which is fairly flat as well. Needs a bit of hyzer then it flips up and glides for days. I like the short river comparison or a comet without the flipping and never coming back worries. I will need to get a heavier vip as I could see if I had one with a bit more stability it would be the sh$t for those frozen rope shots through the trees.

WHAT?! Why haven't I bought one of these yet???

I throw a 172 Elite X Comet, and I love how glidey and straight it is, but I turn and burn it sometimes when I am not clean in form. Which type of Warship, and in what weight, would people suggest?

you may wish to consider a Fuse as well

but in any event

Fuse Gold Line 17x will work nicely
or Warship Tournament Plastic 17x will also work

Edit: I said 17x because you may have your own weight preference
I have a seasoned 178 GL Fuse and that doesn't take a lot of power to hyzer flip from flat

they are essentially the same disc
large diameter with a very large flight plate cavity area (hence the awesome glide)

but where the Fuse has a flat/beveled wing the Warship has a curved wing...it does add a bit more stability

you may wish to consider a Fuse as well

but in any event

Fuse Gold Line 17x will work nicely
or Warship Tournament Plastic 17x will also work

Edit: I said 17x because you may have your own weight preference
I have a seasoned 178 GL Fuse and that doesn't take a lot of power to hyzer flip from flat

they are essentially the same disc
large diameter with a very large flight plate cavity area (hence the awesome glide)

but where the Fuse has a flat/beveled wing the Warship has a curved wing...it does add a bit more stability

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely want something Comet-like that won't turn and burn, so I think a 170 Warship may be the ticket. Any word on the VIP in terms of glide?

I don't have one yet so I cannot comment

I think it will still be good but you can likely expect a stronger fade

I already own a 178 GL Fuse that I use with my 175 Z Buzzz and 177 Vector. Would there be too much overlap? I feel like a Warship wouldn't fit well in there.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely want something Comet-like that won't turn and burn, so I think a 170 Warship may be the ticket. Any word on the VIP in terms of glide?

My 176 VIP glides as well as my 174 tournament. Even with the added stability (I ordered mine domey, think buzz stability) it still just likes to keep on going.

And ManU, you need to try out a heavier domey VIP if you think it's too fuse like. Out of the 3 in my bag right now, the only one that I would call fuse like is my flat 169 tourny. If I had to compare my other two to something stability wise, I would say my 174 tourney with a mild dome is like a core, and my domey 176 VIP is quite buzzz like.

I really like this mold, but to me it seems that there is a decent amount of variance in how they fly based on the dome. Which unfortunately seems to vary quite a bit. However it's going to take more than 3 going through my hands to make a final decision on the consistancy

Hoping I can get my hands on one of these in a store soon. If not, I may give it a go with a 170-172 VIP. I want to get a nice, translucent mid I can put some LEDs on for glow golf.

the VIP I am waiting on from a trade IRC has a mild dome to it

my TP's are flat

I have generally found that TP molds up flatter than VIP

my TP's are not as understable as my Fuses but will do from flat what my Fuses will do from a hyzer

perhaps it is not the Warship that will miss out but maybe I will drop the Fuses

ManU, do you have any experience with the Comet? If so, would your TP Warships stack up with what others are saying about a Comet you can put more juice on?