• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

The sling doesn't fade as much as the EMac Truth. It's different. It's got that more mellow fade out of the box but with a similar HSS to the EMac.

Warships are really great discs tho. In some ways I liken mine to an easier to throw leopard. Pretty much line shaping heaven in the trees with more of a mid feel but basically as long as a slow fairway. A warship is a GREAT disc for new players to the game.

Last edited:
Anyone care to comment on how similar a VIP Warship is to a 400G M3 flight-wise?

With a sample size of only 1 400g M3 but 4 VIP warships, the M3 is pretty close to the warship in flight in my experience. The M3 will turn some, but for me it is less likely to turn and keep turning. This works both ways. If I was faced with a long slow turning anny shot I would chose the warship because it will hold the anny much longer before coming out of it (if it comes out). The M3 takes a little more encouragement to take the anny line and will generally not hold it quite as long. On good clean flat releases they fly very similar for me and I hit similar distances with both out to about 280.

In short, my 178g 400g M3 is less touchy than the VIP warship of similar weight but also will not hold an anny quite as long when I want it to. The wasrhip is also easier for me to control on those little baby s curves in tight places when I am powering down. The M3 doesn't power down as well and still be able show that magic wiggle.

Seems like such a great thread on the Warship I decided to revive this thread instead of creating a new one.

I just bought my first Westside disc, a Warship, X out 180 VIP.

Interestingly enough, it is marked Pursi instead if Warship, which I understand is the Finnish version even though I am in the U.S.

Is that common to get the Finnish version here?

I throw mids from the teepad on about 70% of the drives because I like the feel better and have been discing down for a year or 2 now.

I use a Squall, eMac Truth, Verdict and Quake as my current mids and a Zone for P&A.

Is anyone still throwing this mold or has the speed scared folks away?

What should I expect from this disc. VIP 180?

Seems like such a great thread on the Warship I decided to revive this thread instead of creating a new one.

I just bought my first Westside disc, a Warship, X out 180 VIP.

Interestingly enough, it is marked Pursi instead if Warship, which I understand is the Finnish version even though I am in the U.S.

Is that common to get the Finnish version here?

I throw mids from the teepad on about 70% of the drives because I like the feel better and have been discing down for a year or 2 now.

I use a Squall, eMac Truth, Verdict and Quake as my current mids and a Zone for P&A.

Is anyone still throwing this mold or has the speed scared folks away?

What should I expect from this disc. VIP 180?

Well, when you throw it, it will fly through the air, and land eventually.

It's hard to say much more than that, because I don't know anything about you - how far you throw, how good your form is, what elevation you play at, lot's of factors.

Go to a field, and throw it along with the other midranges that you mentioned. I would be interested in learning what you saw.

Really been loving my VIP Warship... I describe it as a Roc with more glide.

I found the VIP Warship most like a Z Zombee. I thought they were fairly similar in flight and feel. The VIP I tried was max weight. white and Finnish stamped. Very straight fresh and beat into understable (a friend bought it from me and bagged it for quite a while). Tried both out trying to find a super straight complement to my Gazelles. Ended up with GStar Gazelles.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

You should expect a boatload of glide, sneaky distance, not much wind resistance and really straight flights that fade casually at the end until they beat in and develop some late turn.

I had a chance to field test the Warship during lunch today.

This was field practice only so far.

In the hand it feels good, I love the grippy VIP plastic.

It felt quite similar to the eMac Truths I have been throwing.

Although the rim profile is slightly different.

It is longer than the Verdicts and eMac Truths I have (and of course farther than the Quake).

It was about the same length as the Squalls I am bagging. Just barely shorter than my Teebirds.

The only thing I could wish for is just a tad more HSS, it wasn't a true 0 HSS when thrown flat, more like -0.5 but that is easily enough remedied with a slight hyser release.

Overall, great disc

I had a chance to field test the Warship during lunch today.

This was field practice only so far.

In the hand it feels good, I love the grippy VIP plastic.

It felt quite similar to the eMac Truths I have been throwing.

Although the rim profile is slightly different.

It is longer than the Verdicts and eMac Truths I have (and of course farther than the Quake).

It was about the same length as the Squalls I am bagging. Just barely shorter than my Teebirds.

The only thing I could wish for is just a tad more HSS, it wasn't a true 0 HSS when thrown flat, more like -0.5 but that is easily enough remedied with a slight hyser release.

Overall, great disc

Your observations match mine.
For me, a Warship goes a little farther than other midranges like a Truth and Verdict. And, it does have some high speed turn; actually, more than I am comfortable with for some lines.
I live at a fairly low elevation; about 300 ft, and find a lot of midranges to be a bit finicky when thrown between 250-300 ft. If you were to pair a Kaxe with the Warship, you would have a disc that goes about the same distance, but with quite a bit more high speed stability. I would be pretty happy with that duo.

Your observations match mine.
For me, a Warship goes a little farther than other midranges like a Truth and Verdict. And, it does have some high speed turn; actually, more than I am comfortable with for some lines.
I live at a fairly low elevation; about 300 ft, and find a lot of midranges to be a bit finicky when thrown between 250-300 ft. If you were to pair a Kaxe with the Warship, you would have a disc that goes about the same distance, but with quite a bit more high speed stability. I would be pretty happy with that duo.

Thanks, I don't know anything about the Kaxe but I will look into it!

The Kaxe is a great disc. It's like a slightly shorter teebird. The Westside Pine from this year's trilogy challenge was made to be an overstable Warship and they have a very similar feel in the hand although the Pine feels and flies a bit beefier. They make a great pair and both really can stretch the distance.

You should expect a boatload of glide, sneaky distance, not much wind resistance and really straight flights that fade casually at the end until they beat in and develop some late turn.
The folks at Westside couldn't have described it better themselves.

For those who have been throwing the Warship for longer periods (im only about 7 or 8 months in).

Does the Warship eventually beat down to develop enough HST to replace the Tursas?

My most beat VIP Warship is a thing of beauty but I still can't duplicate the Tursas.

For those who have been throwing the Warship for longer periods (im only about 7 or 8 months in).

Does the Warship eventually beat down to develop enough HST to replace the Tursas?

My most beat VIP Warship is a thing of beauty but I still can't duplicate the Tursas.

I think so - they develop some turn. They make great anny discs, because if you give em enough air they flatten out end of flight, whereas the Tursas rides the line right into the ground.

A lighter weight (<170g) TP Warship is what you seek. After a solid beat in period, they'll develop some turn and lose their miniscule fade.

Also keep beating up your VIP Warship. My thrashed 4+ year old 171g VIP Warship can work Tursas-like turnover lines with ease...