• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Wham-O 86 Softie

The Softies I've sold and seen sold went for around $25. Maybe more depending on who is buying, and maybe less depending on who's buying. :p

I would say that the stamp doesn't make a difference, however, I would think that the color does. The white and black ones seem to be the stiffer, shallower softies. The most common seem to be the red ones, and those are domier and softer, along with the green, teal, and orange. Those are the only colors I know of though. That being said, I would say that the white and black ones could demand a higher price.

Not all black 86 Softies are stiffer. Only the first run of blacks were like that.

Joe Mela, Gregg Hosfeld, and Eric Vandenberg all still use the 86 Softie. They are all great putter with it.

Fond Memories

I remember the first time I felt an 86 mold.. I thought what the hell is this thing?! It was Jeremy Harmon's :eek:

I've had an 86 Softie in my bag since 1988. I get withdrawal shakes if I try to take it out. It ain't pretty.

Latest posts