• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wham-O

Wham-O had a decent amount of discs at one time...all made by Innova. The 77 Mold was a Stingray with flight rings, the 78 Mold was a Cobra with flight rings, the 44 Mold was a Viper with flight rings. The 91 Mold was just made by Innova but not based on any one particular Innova Disc. Then there was the 86 Mold and the 86 Softie...I think Wham-O made those but I'm not certain of that.

I tried to put together a Whammo bag at one point and gave up. Seems like the discs aren't readily available.

I was gonna get a "Team Whammo" shirt made and wear it in tournaments as a joke. It was gonna be awesome.

Last edited:
I tried to put together a Whammo bag at one point and gave up. Seems like the discs aren't readily available.

I was gonna get a "Team Whammo" shirt made and wear it in tournaments as a joke. It was gonna be awesome.

I was on "Team Wham-o" and it was awesome:hfive:. They paid for my(and my parents) airfare, hotel and expenses for the Junior World Overalls 98 and 99 in Dallas TX. John Houck was my coach/mentor while I was down there. It was an amazing experience.

I went from all Innova to all Wham-o. It was a big change but they have some really good molds so it was just a matter of getting used to them. Apollo 1-2, voyager1-2, 44 mold, Softies, those were some fun discs. I still love Softies:thmbup:.

Here's my sweet Wham-o shirt, recognize the old guy in the middle?

ed-and-kids-1.jpeg

Last year there was a 50-ish year old who came to my home course from out of town, and he tagged along so I could show him the course. All he threw was an 86 Softie, and he was crazy accurate with it. He said that he had it for years, and loved the old school stuff. Whatever you can throw man, more power to you. :thmbup:

Edit: ^^^ Sweet pic with Steady Ed!