• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What’s in your putter slot?

Crazy Tuff Challengers for putting
Test Flight Jawbreaker Challenger SS and beat in Pro D Challenger for drives and ups
Z FLX Zone for Zone things

Wow... what a load of different putters we all throw. :hfive: I love to throw putters and do so whenever possible.

Throwers in order of stability.
ESP Zone
Star Aviar Driver
Star Aviar P & A
2 DX Aviar P & A

For putting
JK Pro Aviar-X

This lineup has been the same for probably 6-7 years, with the Zone being the newest to my bag.

R-Pro and Pro Rhynos for putting
JK Aviar - (warped) turnovers, touch FHs
Nova - who doesn't need a dead straight putter?
X Challenger - FH approaches, driving putter
Stego - Do I need to explain a Stego?

From what I've gathered it's mega stiff, and takes approximately 200 years to beat in. Sounds great to me for a throwing putter!

I've been throwing a fossil scale as of late and it's showing virtually no signs of wear. It's slammed trees, skipped off of concrete and smashed into brick walls and has very little by way of scuffs, Knicks, dings ETC.. Only thing I would change, surface feel would be that of PW, but seeing as it's a thrower and not a putter it's amazing.

Been throwing these for a few years, and haven't really thought about replacing them:

Putting: APX

Throwing: ESP FLX Challenger... they seem to be a bit more OS in ESP FLX than any other plastic, including Ti, Cryztal Z, or Glo Z FLX.

To putt with I keep 2 Electron Atoms, I find the low profile and stability help me keep it on a good like, plus I don't like beaded putters that much. I'll use my Soft/Megasoft Swan 2s when the weather gets colder though. I like the extra grip and the fact that the don't roll much(Atoms can catch an edge and roll for hours).

Also bag Harps, just for throwing. There is no more versatile BH and FH putter and between the first run soft and brand new Hard I have all lines are covered.

Stego too if you want to call that a putter.

San Marino KC Aviars as my putters.

DX Rhyno thrower

Small Bead Aviar thrower

Yeti Aviar thrower

A 155 Plasma Ion for putting. Trying to learn how to spin putt. You can really throw darts with it but the wind is not helpful. Heavy N Envy for throws (BH and FH), and a DX Polecat for approaches.

5 Medium Summits for all putts, until I lose them in which case I'll go crazy finding something to take their place.

1 Soft Summit for thumbers and approaches, and the occasional weird putt.

Threw and putted Wizards for the last few years, and they are great throwers. Just never did putt with them as well as my Summits. Trying out a Buzzz for the longer Wizard throws, US drives I still throw my Summits.

Have a Harp in the bag for more stable putter shots, but I don't throw it often and I'm not attached to it yet.

I use a legend clutch and an icon clutch for putting. Nova and rat switch out for approaches depending on how I'm feeling. I also use the pursuit as a putter in extreme wind

Eraser Wizards for putting. Fossil Fuel Wizards for throwing. DX Birdie and a Fossil Scale are also in my bag.
(Judges, Jokeris, Rhynos, Polecats, Pures, different flavored Wizards and a Focus also see playing time)

Driving: dx rhyno, 2 kc aviar ( one newish, one real beat up)
putting: kc aviar is my main, also have a classic aviar for longer/uphill putts

total: 1 rhyno, 3 kc aviar, 1 classic aviar

... always came back to the Wizard.

Tried aviars,challengers,steady,warlock, magnet, and focus.....back to the wizard recently.

Still getting used to them again. A wizard wants good spin or they will be dumpy and overstable imo. The base plastics are super durable.

Only issue i found with wizards is finding backups. Once you get one you like, buy as many as you can.