• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What am I missing?

its_nick

Years playing/experience: 2
Right handed
Throwing Style: RHFH, some RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*): Vibram Ridge: 200/250'; Buzzz: 250/275'; Teebird: 300/330'

Bag:

Drivers
167 Star Teebird, (used but stable) - main go to driver, straight shots, right turns
175 Champ Leopard, (barely used) - annys, hzyer-flips

Mids:
172 esp Buzzz, (new) - main mid
172 DX Roc (beat in) - Straight shots
180 Champ Roc (new) - don't really use this
172 X Comet (new) - don't use this much

Putters:
172 Pro D Banger GT (new) - main putter
170 Vibram Ridge (new) - utility disc, mainly straight and short drives

I love my driver set-up. I feel like I can throw any shot. If another disc will be beneficial to me, please give me your opinion!

My mid range needs some work. I like the buzz much better than my roc's.

I'm happy with my putters for now

It looks like you could use an overstable disc like a Banshee or a Blaze. What do you throw for headwinds or short dog legs?

I have always felt like Buzzes were better for sidearms because they don't have beads, but that's more of a personal preference.

It looks like you could use an overstable disc like a Banshee or a Blaze. What do you throw for headwinds or short dog legs?

I have always felt like Buzzes were better for sidearms because they don't have beads, but that's more of a personal preference.

I have a 170g ESP XL. Would that work for headwinds or short dog legs?

Yeah I prefer flicking the Buzz over the Roc.

The XL is more of a wooded driver and works well in a Tailwind.

A Banshee or XxX would be good for headwinds. Edit these 2 are speed 7 also.

but since you are using speed 7 drivers I would get a Innova Champion Eagle. This disc works very well in a Headwind and would compliment both your Leopard and your Teebird. :thmbup:

Drop the Rocs and throw the Buzzz. If you want an overstable Midrange try out a Wasp or Hornet. If you can get your hands on some Latitude 64 plastic the Mace is awesome at the Overstable spot. I love mine. Keep the Comet this will be your Understable midrange. Keep working with the Comet and you'll see what I mean.

Get yourself a Discraft ESP Zone for your overstable putting drives. If you feel the Ridge is workable for understable drives too then don't worry about getting a understable putter. If you do though get yourself a heavy Innova Star Wedge.

That's about it man. I think this is really all that needs to be done. :thmbup:

Since you're running Buzzzes, maybe try a Buzzz SS for US duties or do what FB tells ya and use that Comet. :) I have a regular Z Buzzz and I'm about to pick up an X.

Latest posts