• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are some good Roller discs?

Back in the day i had a dx python that i would crank with full on hyzer that would gently turn over ar about 200 feet then land and roll for another 150-200 feet. Darn i miss that disc! Now i just backhand a max weight dx stingray.

Honestly, nothing for me will ever beat the roller action of a max weight Condor. You can air them out pretty far and they will still roll forever. They will monster truck over smaller obstacles as well. Plus, they're nice and cheap and pretty easy to come by!

I've thought about getting this, but I always wondered if it would fit in my bag. It's just so freakin big.

I like to roll things with a constant curve to the wing. Seems like they're less likely to take off some wonky direction when they roll over a rock.

So, for instance, I like to roll a Zone over a Drone. Or a Mako over a Roc. Or an Aviar over a Wizard.

I throw a few rollers just about every round even if its not always the best shot in that particular situation just for fun and to stay dialed in with the shot. My favorite is the Opto XXX and the Trident also makes for killer rolls as well. It just makes sense to use a disc with a blunt rim.

Champion Panther. I rolled one 350 feet on flat ground at a schoolyard (measured with a rangefinder). The Panther is a good disc for learning rollers, as well as other shots such as thumbers and forehands.

BH - Same drivers I throw air shots with. The more US, the more right I can get them to finish.

I like the s-line FD for backhand rollers, Spark for sidearm. The blunt nosed discs does indeed seem to roll more consistently

All discs roll. I have my favorites but won't elaborate on them. I will, however, name a good out of the box (or brush in this case) backhand roller disc.

I found a no name, no ink, brand new, pink, westside vip underworld, unknown weight in the brush right beside a playing buddies months long lost buzzz ss.

That underworld is perfect flippy for backhand rollers.

Star Roadrunner and Star Mamba. FH and BH. I will say though that my Mamba feels better for long BH rollers, and ususally i use the RR for touchy FH shots and hyzer flips.

I generally only throw a roller as a short get out of trouble shot so FH Stego and BH 150g Polecat.

My longest rollers have all been with a 150g ZeroG (blizzard) Scorpius. I rolled one over 500 feet a couple times (measured with a range finder), which is the furthest I've ever thrown a disc on flat ground.