• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What bag do I need??!!

georgesummers

Bogey Member
I currently have fade tourney bag, but I'm looking to upgrade bags. I want something that holds 25-30 discs in the main compartment, and has the big pockets on the end, but i do not want to use the big pockets for discs, just towels, and other things. I looked into the Zulu bag, but it just looks way to big huge, but it might be what I need. Can someone help me out?

Latitude 64 Pro Bag is nice and big. And price is reasonable for what it can hold. I just got a Mahal. It can also hold a ton of discs, and is super comfortable. a lot of people seem impressed with the new Voodoo bags also. I think they make a huge bag.

You've only been playing 7-8 months? I'm sure you need to put a lot of those discs away more than you need to buy a bigger bag. Not knowing you, of course I am making an assumption. If I wanted a bag that carried that many discs I would buy a Gorilla Boy Kong.

bags

Thanks for the replies, yawpstang64, I could not see your message. I'm really looking for a bag that can hold 25-30 in the main compartment, and still has big pockets, do the gorilla boy and lat 64 bag do this?

You've only been playing 7-8 months? I'm sure you need to put a lot of those discs away more than you need to buy a bigger bag. Not knowing you, of course I am making an assumption. If I wanted a bag that carried that many discs I would buy a Gorilla Boy Kong.

why is this always the assumption?

I play and beat people all the time who have been playing for years but never really put in the work. 3 months+serious commitment+hundreds of hours=a pretty good start and I would think worthy of not being stereotyped...

not ranting just saying

Wow! That's alot of discs, but to each his own. I carry 24 at this time, but I'm trying to bring that down. For that many I would think the Zulu is about your only option. I have the Karma bag and it carries 22 in the main compartment and three in the putter pocket. I own a Kong, Lat64, Revo Carolina, and Phenix Core bag. None of these will fit your need to carry 25 to 30 discs without using the side compartments. If you decided to do that, only the Lat64 and Revo bags will allow that option, because the others either don't have them or they are to small to do so.
Another option is to make your own out of whats out there. One person on this site made a bag out of a fishing tackle bag and it looks great! The other plus is that they are about 1/2 to 3/4 of the price of a disc golf bag....just a thought.

The Mahal does not carry that many in the main compartment. That area maxes out at 15ish (but you can carry 8 more in each side pocket comfortably). The biggest gorilla carries a lot, but I don't know about that many. You could go to a hockey store and see the backpack bags they offer. The bags I've seen that can hold as many discs as you want to carry have been home-made affairs. One guy took a costco diaper box, put it in an old duffel bag and put straps on the duffel. It worked great.

I use a revo dual pack b/c I prefer backpack style bags as they are super comfy.. that thing can carry 25 or so discs plus has two big pockets on the side... prob not for you tho

sigh.. guess my point was too subtle

real suggestion:
The Zulu from Voodoo Disc Golf
Voodoo Bags said:
Zulu

So BIG you can carry the whole tribe in it.

Competition crushing stats:

30-41 Disc capacity
Made in the USA
1000D Cordura material
1680D Ballistics Base
Ykk zippers
3 Putter pocket
Mini Pocket
2 Pencil Pockets
One external stash pocket
Adjustable disc organizer
Pockets in a pouch organization
Rain flapped zippers
Backpack able (just add straps)
2 Water bottle pockets
5 Year limited warranty

heres a thread on it

Thanks for the replies, yawpstang64, I could not see your message. I'm really looking for a bag that can hold 25-30 in the main compartment, and still has big pockets, do the gorilla boy and lat 64 bag do this?

When I first got my Lat 64 bag, I took out the stock dividers to see how many I could cram in the main compartment. Easily fit 21 or 22 drivers (can't remember which lol) in the main. The putter pocket holds two putters and there are two 9"x9"x2.5" pockets on either side (easily big enough for four putters apiece) and another slightly insulated pocket of approximately the same size on the back. On the side opposite the putter pocket is another external pocket approximately 7"x4"x1.5".

The setup I'm running now is with the Innova U-channel dividers in the main with 15 discs (6 drivers, 5 mids, 4 putters), 2 putters in the putter pocket, and 3-5 more discs in one of the side pockets (or speakers and mp3 player). I put my valuables in the other side pocket along with a couple lacrosse balls, bug spray, leatherman, and Oakley's case (and usually a couple packs of crackers or something like that). I use the back "insulated" pocket for extra drinks (2 16.9 oz Dasani water bottles and a little ice pack. Each of the 3 larger pockets can comfortable hold 3 16.9 oz water bottles just for a visual.

Hope this helps ...

I'm definitely from the same mold bholy08, does anybody have any info on the gateway bags?

Buy the bag you want and carry all the discs you want, it doesn't matter how "experienced" you are or aren't. If your gear excites you enough to get you outdoors with friends or alone for some disc fun and exercise so be it! I have only been playing a month and a half and already can hang with the guys on our weekly minis, I'm strictly a rec player but enjoy the competition and love this addiction so much that I wanna try a bunch of different discs so that I can find what I really like. This may be the unpopular way but i'm having a blast and don't give a crap what anyone thinks, and I also take my dog to every round(might even take my ipad2 too)lol.

Gateway doesn't have a bag for that amount of discs. Their web site has more indepth info than I can give you. One other thing to consider very strongly. Stick with bags made of Cordura.