• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Bags Are Out There

If you can get a hold of one the Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal is the best bag on the market. Nothing fits better, lasts longer and is as versatile as this bag.

Most of those are good choices anyway, and you can always plasti dip the bottom of a bag to waterproof it.

I did this to the bottom of my Fade Tourney bag and it is still looking great after two months of 10+ rounds per week. When getting straps, consider the Fade Weatherguard straps. They have some elastic "shocks" built in similar to the quadshocks, but also have a detachable rain fly that is invaluable in rainy weather. It feels so good to be throwing dry discs when everyone else's are completely soaked!

A karma is 140 shipped. The Zulu is what you are thinking of. But yes you are right on the preference. If you want backpack style, Grip can't be beat, no doubt about it...that is until Voodoo releases their backpack style bag ;)

it doesnt cost thay much more than a karma. a karma with straps is pushin real close to $200 so you coulda have afforded it and so can everyone else, just gotta save those pennies. i didnt pay for mine but i gladly would have saved for a few weeks to get one

i think it depends whether you want a bavkpack bag or a more traditional disc golf bag. i have a mojo as well as my grip and i love them both for what they are

Yeah if you buy a Karma $140+$40 straps you're looking at $180 I'd say that's real close to $200. Unless you bought cheap straps. But why would you buy a $140 bag and use crappy straps. Even still with $30 Lat 64 or $25 Innova straps you're still paying $170-$175 All personal preference though I guess.

I just got a GB Squirell. It's smaller only holds 10-12 max but that's all I need playing short courses. The GB Craftsmanship is damn good though for sure.

A karma is 140 shipped. The Zulu is what you are thinking of. But yes you are right on the preference. If you want backpack style, Grip can't be beat, no doubt about it...that is until Voodoo releases their backpack style bag ;)

quads are another $45ish shipped or $55ish if you get voodoos, thats wher i was getting the close to $200. i figure most arent gonna be using a single strap or shiity innova back savers with that bag lol

if voodoo releases a backpack pack thats gonna be one nice bag

and the guy who made the comment about the karma being $160 with straps, thats only if you get the cheapest ones and then it would still be about $165 :D

Last edited:

The Flak says hello

Fast forward....I didn't get a bag 6 months ago, but I have asked "Santa"/wife sponsership to bring me either a Hyzerbomb Atomic or a Gorilla Boy Silverback. Both bags seem to similar and was wondering if anyone has experience with both to offer an opinion on which one to get. They both appear to be in stock at the moment.

Check out the Cabela Bag Thread

@ $50 (current sale price) it costs about the same as an Innova Competition or Fade Tourney... but you don't need to buy straps for another $30-40 bucks. Plus, it sits higher on your back, so it's more comfortable than my Fade was with Quad Shocks.

Just check the thread out - a bunch of us are quite happy with this setup.
If you prefer a conventional bag with quad-type straps, so be it, but I'm really glad I switched. :)

Last edited:
This is probably what voodoo has in mind.. Russell has us all beat:

russell_dug_carl_fredricksen_in_pixars_up-wide.jpg

Check out the Cabela Bag Thread

@ $50 (current sale price) it costs about the same as an Innova Competition or Fade Tourney... but you don't need to buy straps for another $30-40 bucks. Plus, it sits higher on your back, so it's more comfortable than my Fade was with Quad Shocks.

Just check the thread out - a bunch of us are quite happy with this setup.
If you prefer a conventional bag with quad-type straps, so be it, but I'm really glad I switched. :)

I endorse this message! :hfive:

Latest posts