• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] What DD disc is most like the MVP Volt?

JFibeZZZ

Birdie Member
I love the Volt but was just curious as to what Dynamic Discs disc was closest to it, would loce to try it out.

Nothing they have is exactly like the Volt, but the Escape would probably be close enough.

I bagged an escape for a while and it was a good disc, till the volt took its spot :D

Last edited:
Thanks! Escape it is. I wish I could just throw it without buying it haha maybe I'll stumble upon someone at the local course with one.

Definitely the escape, you'll love it. It has a nice feeling rim and it feels great in the typical grippy slightly flexy lucid. Don't get the moonshine they tend to be more understable. In my opinion it is a speed faster than a volt and a half a tick more understable. Very similar to a slightly more overstable champ beast in my experience, 10 speed for sure. They fly reeaally far and straight, you will likely be surprised just how far.

Escape is it. Lucid will be straighter with less fade. My fuzion is closer to Volt flight. I wouldn't rate the escape faster or longer, I put both volt and escape out about 400ft on a good rip.

Dyemax fuzion escape will be closest in flight as they are the most stable almost all the time. Lucid is pretty straight when new if you have good form. It's not really a perfect match though. A volt is flatter and not as fast. Depending on how close the numbers hold true in HSS the Thief which is the DD disc for the trilogy challenge could be closer but I think it will have more turn than a volt also.

I thought nobody made anything like any MVP disc ever and everyone of them is exactly what every golfer is looking for :|

Been waiting to use that one...... in all seriousness though from what i have seen the escape would be closest. The volt is also the only MVP mold i have tried that i would consider bagging. I like the feel of the escape and the more extensive plastic options but both of these smaller rimmed molds can bomb.

Well, to follow up, I purchased a Lucid-Air Escape...

Im giving my Volt to my buddy who liked it when he tested it.

I understand they aren't much different, but the Escape just comes out of my hand a lot easier, not to mention the rim is more to my liking.

Thanks for the advice!