• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you use for long, narrow, straight, tunnel type fairways?

Currently: my KC Pro Eagle. But always looking for something better.

ERic

Any kind of JLS (DX, Q, S) disc will do.

JLS = Just Long and Straight.

It has worked wonders for me for couple years as long you know how to throw JLS correctly.

:p

Polaris LS or Star Kite, depending on the length of the shot.

It depends on how long and narrow. If it's narrow enough I'll throw a Roc no matter how long it is. If it's a bit wider I'll throw a DX Teebird.

170 Monarch or 164 Wildcat
I'll drop down to a Buzz or Stratus if it's really tight

Stratus or Classic Roc for me.

I usually just throw a Roc. If it is wide enough that I think I can get away with a driver, I'll use the TeeBird.

At Conifer (8000 ft) the Roc is too overstable for a beginner to throw in tight tunnels. The Kite or Stingray are what I throw. Downhill the Stingray begins to show it's high speed turn, which I have to prepare for.

Ok, forgot to think about the length...:rolleyes:

For long range narrow tunnel distance, I would mostly uses the JLS discs.

For shorter range shots, I would use a good old Champion Cobra. Again, as long you know how to throw it correctly.

If you don't have Champ. Cobra (its hard to get one nowadays), then either Roc or Buzzz will do for you.

:)

Just pick a midrange disc and go with it. Staing in the fairway is far more important than distance in this case. Throw something that's going to go straight, stay straight, and not skip out of the fairway when it hits the ground. Also, the blunter the edge the less likely the disc is to bounce off a tree and sail into the woods. Try an FLX Buzz. I find that soft plastic is more likely to hit a tree and fall dead rather than simpoly change direction and sail into the abyss.

Over 300' or with a low ceiling, I'll throw a slightly flippy Star Orc. Most anything short of that gets a Roc...unless its really short (less than 200'), in which case I'll throw an Aviar since it's easier to controll for me at that distance.

Long = Champ Valk, longer mid= DGA Squall, shorter mid= Buzz, short= Challenger. I carry the Squall because it is easier for me to control in the 250-275' range than the buzz. I really like the Challenger for anything up to 200'.

Latest posts