• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Do You Value Most From A Mailorder Company? (POLL)

I think there's two distinct two mail order scenarios for me: the Company website, and eBay.

When I can easily find what I'm looking for, I may go through a regular company website. In that case, I'm mostly there for price and selection, but the site's ability to deliver a browsing experience that makes me feel confident that I'm not going to get something different from what I thought I was ordering is important too. Just as an example, if my choice in colors is "bright colors", I just won't do it.

Which is why, these days, if I'm not trading for something here, I'm more likely to get stuff off eBay, whether it's from a private seller or through a store. eBay's set up for pics of each piece of merchandise, and I've got usually got hundreds of sellers aggregated when I do a search on something like "Champion Orc" or "San Marino Roc". So if one seller doesn't feel like taking a decent picture, or putting enough effort into the description, that's okay, there's others who will.

I actually think DD made a really smart decision in using eBay as their sole storefront. They don't have to worry about developing an online storefront that people find compelling, or seller tools or any of that stuff. That's eBay's job, and one they do pretty well. That means they can put work into developing methods for getting their inventory's pics and stats onto eBay, and put more effort into the information part of their own site. Meanwhile, I get to browse through their merchandise (on a UI that's being continually improved and refined by a huge development staff), and get to pick this marbled star Wraith over that one.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less I envy the task of online retailers that run their own sites. The only upside I can see to it is that when I search on their site for a disc, their competitors' results don't come up with theirs :)

I have ordered from GGGT, Marshall ST., DGC, DiscGolfValues, Sun King and Prime. Very good service all around!
I think Prime and Marshall St have guys that pack my order and speed straight to the Post Office. Massachusetts to California in two days! Crazy!!!!!

I voted for price but the poll missed something that is just as important as price to me and that is - convenience. My favorite online store is DGC because it is the best I've found at price and convenience. If I wake up at 7 am on a Sunday morning and decide that I really do need a new DX Cheetah because Matt on DGR said it's the only disc you need - bitches, then I want to be able to get online, find the disc in my weight and color, order it with paypal, and get it within a week without typing in a bunch of info, sending multiple e-mails, or making a phone call. DGC seems to do that best (that's why I get a 6% discount!) for me.
There are a couple of things that DGC could do that would make it better for me. They could offer a tournament stamp/rare disc section and also just have a greater selection.

Relationship = getting just what I want, especially when I can not handle them at a local shop (where I gladly pay a bit extra)

Prime example, when I threw Auroras, a guy at MST went thru the Sirus pile to find one with the flatter/wide dia of the Q, but the strong color in shade of the M.

Narrow weight ranges and exact colors helps too. DGV has a vague order option, but you know their comments section is read well when the order is filled, so it works out.

Latest posts