• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What does everyone think is the most shallow rim putt and approach disc is?

mobrewing

What does everyone think is the most shallow rim putt and approach disc is?

Shaman, Chief, Wedge, Ringer, XD, and Zone come to mind. If you're in the market, I would suggest going to a store and finding one that feels good.

I'm rockin' a Star Wedge, Star Classic Roc, and an SP-line DGA Breaker for my three approach attitudes. Still waiting for the Star Wedge to wear in to something close to what my DX Wedge was though.

Putters don't work for me for approach, I need shallow.

The wedge probably is, but don't use that p.o.s. Use a breaker, zone or suspect.

The shallowest putter that I have seen is a Discmania p3 c-line at 1.2cm.

^ 1.2 is the Same as the suspect. Probably the breaker and the zone.

What kind of stability are you looking for?

Nice! thanks all! I use a gstar dart, but still wants to hold my fingers! I putt with a Wizard and way to deep of a bead for driving. The Suspect interests me.

I want an approach disc that has same rim as a midrange. I'm new to disc golf and just don't know enough to find one. Especially when buying disc online

Breaker and suspect are shallow and great putt AND approach discs. They're what's called a tweener disc, they are I between a midrange and a putter.

This shouldn't be a matter of speculation - these things are measured are they not?

The Chief has totally changed my view of driving with putters. It is the only putter I drive with now and even took my novas approach spot over. Why you might ask. Because it is shallow and very easy to power grip.

True Monkey. I am a newbie though and sometimes easier to ask more experienced players for their opinion. BTW, I love the Surley tag! When not throwing discs I like to brew a bit.