• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What fairway driver would you use in a one disc round?

That is hard. The Kaxe is listed as a mid, but everytime I tell any group I am playing with that it's a mid, I am told I am full of crap. So maybe it's a tweener disc. One of my best rounds ever was with only the kaxe and envy.
I fell that the Volt is on the verge of being a distance driver instead of a real fairway driver. It also is not great at low speed shape shots.
So if I am allowed, I will choose the Kaxe. If the Volt is a fairway, then it is next.
Of all the clear cut fairways, I would choose the Clash, I can full power throw it backhand or forehand and it's still slim enough to Putt with.

Last edited:
I saw the title of this thread and the Kaxe (or Z version) immediately comes to mind.

probably my Star Tee bird... I can throw it BH to fade left or FH to fade right

If I only had to choose one disc to play a round with it would probably be a Fossil Wiz, but that's not what this thread is about.

For my money if I had to use a fairway it would be a CFD. Can shape almost any line and is pretty good in the wind. Enough glide to be long and I can throw it BH and FH.

2014 Trilogy Thief. Never thought when I signed up I would find one of my favorite discs ever. I don't quite have the arm speed for my Teebird to be my one disc for a round, but I can manipulate the Thief to do just about anything I need it to do.

It would be a hard choic between a Star TB and a VIP Stag... That may be my next vid topic.

RDG Raptor (Daredevil Sabertooth/Mammoth mold)

I know I sound like a "Homer" but I've never clicked with a driver mold as quickly as I have with this disc.
It is billed as a massively OS flight but I'm getting very similar flights as I used to when I had a stash of X-predators.
It can still fight wind and hook up when I want it to but I can also get some pretty generous anny drift if I get on top of it.

It is OS enough to fight all the OAT present in my FH, it overhands great and I can trust it to hold up to the abuse.
Once we release these things I know folks are really going to jive with the mold. Its an under appreciated disc because it provides that coveted "beat 11x FB" flights right out of the box IMO.

I love the Stalker but it just doesn't have the OS needed for a 1 disc round IMO. Don't get me wrong here, I find the Stalker to be :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:.

I've done several one disc rounds with a Stalker. I agree that on some courses, it doesn't have enough hook. I'll either FH and anny, or bring my Ti Stalker instead, which is OS enough. I would still take it over anything more OS, because it's so versatile.

I'm surprised there are no Diamond mentions.

Kind of surprised as well, I wouldn't pick it since if I can only have one I'd rather have a more neutral flight, but I've seen tons of Diamonds on the courses of late.

I'd like to say the Underworld as well, but since it performs so poorly in headwind I'll have to say the Teebird.

Latest posts