• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What fairway driver would you use in a one disc round?

Most likely a Teebird. But a speed 6 like a Cyclone, Stalker, or Gazelle might be a little more versatile.

I'd like to say the Underworld as well, but since it performs so poorly in headwind I'll have to say the Teebird.

I managed to grab 2 Underworlds that are Flatter topped and REALLY Stable compared to the others I have thrown.

I would cross out "midrange" on a fluid truth, write "fairway" and use that.

If I absolutely had to I would throw one of my freak stable stags. It would take months of practice to get close to my score with a Truth though.

Heavy star leopard? I have a buddy who plays one disc rounds with a Firebird, and has a killer anny putt with it.

For a 1-disc round I would probably throw a Ghost, not a fairway driver. But if I have to pick a fairway driver, it would be my most stable Icon Patriot.

If its a longer course (many holes 400 or more) Special Blend Rival broken in cannot be beat.. pinnacles are also great!

If its a shorter course (all holes under 350) then a Pinnacle Ghost seasoned would be an easy choice

Last edited:
Does the MVP Motion count as a fairway? Cuz I once had a great round of disc golf with just that one disc. I surprised even myself...

I would cross out "midrange" on a fluid truth, write "fairway" and use that.

If I absolutely had to I would throw one of my freak stable stags. It would take months of practice to get close to my score with a Truth though.

Yeah, I'd go Condor if it could be any one disc.

Here's one to try:

Westside Seer.

I've traveled with this disc, and it is dynamite:
•easy to control.
•can hyzer.
•can anny.
•slow enough to be good for approaches.
•great natural flex shot disc when thrown flat.
•can handle moderate wind.

Just a great little disc, kind of lost in the shuffle of new molds.

I believe the postee said putting was part of your selection. So it would used for putting too?

If so.. Well that is difficult..

What comes to mind first is my seasoned Saint Pro..

If its moderately windy it would be my overstable domey Saint Pro..

If its really windy out I would go with my biofuzion Enforcer or XXX depending on the course length.

hmmm want to say Patriot but would prob go with my Gunmetal Rival .. its great for backhand and can work many lines and also stable enough to handle some fh snap .. but i could prob BH the Patriot to cover the lines i would FH the Rival .. hmm yeah think i just talked myself into ... Patriot :thmbup:

Last edited:

Latest posts