• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is a good woods midrange?

in addition to the Tyler dogwood course we have the nacogdoches lake course.

Us east texas guys know how to play in the woods

I can do just about anything with my glow buzzz and esp meteor

yes sir we do

It's all woods out here.. I can't play without a Comet or 2 and Buzzz. And an OH disc.. either Stalker, Beast, Firebird, Predator is useful for more than just OH.

I don't think there's a wrong answer for this, except for the guys that keep mentioning drivers. :doh:

I personally throw a Pain and a couple of Fuses, but I'm trying out a C-MD2 (looks promising) and have thrown Buzzzes, Rocs, Comets, QMS (I'll throw these back in every now and then, just too fun), Coyotes etc.

I like to have two particular mids for the woods, one I can easily throw on flex lines (Pain) and one I can hyzer flip and manipulate easily (Fuse). Usually, If I just need to go straight through the woods, I like a putter like the Ion for that b/c it minimizes skip.

I find that my Z Comet is becoming my go to disc on the many wooded courses here in Charlotte. Even on the longer, wooden monsters Nevin and the Angry Beaver. They are long courses so you want to toss drivers, but switching to Comets off the tee has done wonders for me.

Latest posts