• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best small 3rd party bag

loki the trickster

Birdie Member
So.... i am looking into getting a small bag.

I have a gen1 innova competition bag. I like it and have it stuffed with 6 putters, 7 midrange and 7 drvers along with plenty of towels. But for quick rounds its cumbersome especially if i have 2 32oz gatorades.

Things i am looking for are...

3rd party
Affordable & Durable
Hold approximately 9 discs 3 p&a, 3 mids and 2 drivers
Good storage keys, wallet, phone, towels

I was wondering what people use as a small bag?

The MVP Beaker is a decent bag for the money that ought to fit all your needs.
I'd like to try out the Juju, but its never in stock and nearly 3x the price of the Beaker.
A Nutsac is always a great option, too, though you'd probably need to get a Double 2.0 version to fit all the storage needs you are looking for.

I love my squirrel monkey from gorillaboy, but if you want it soon a fade cruch is a very nice bag.

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko.

I love mine, holds about 8 discs and even fits my 32oz water bottle. Bomb proof, super durable material and comes in awesome colors

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko.

I love mine, holds about 8 discs and even fits my 32oz water bottle. Bomb proof, super durable material and comes in awesome colors

Doubling down on this. My 'Merica Gecko is my go to if I don't need the Lat.

Double NutSac. It will easily hold those disc and you can use the putter pocket to hold your other stuff

no regrets on my fade crunch. bottle pouch w/ cinch top is snug w/ 32 Oz bottle. side pocket large enough for snacks plus small jacket. I can cram up to 16 or 17 discs if I'm driver heavy and two putters in the outer slot. it's more comfortable at the recommended 10-12. 8 discs and there's room for an extra layer or second (3rd?) drink(s). if anything maybe a touch larger than your needs. (nice bonus that it accommodates backpack straps!)

yep, fade crunch... mine has quad straps and it works really well

FWIW, I don't bag a ton of discs and really only use around 7 discs on the regular... I also stuff in a towel or two, small first aid kit, UV flashlight, pencils, and some odds and ends... also on warmer days, I will take some water if I remember... can't say how many times I've forgotten the water :doh:

I highly recommend the Voodoo Juju. Before I got a Grip bag I had a Voodoo Karma. It was WAY better than the Innova Disccarrier I had before it. Voodoo makes top notch bags with high quality materials. I never personality owned anything by them but Gorilla Boy makes great products as well. Before everyone started getting into backpack style bags, Gorilla Boy bags were always held in high regard. A few of my friends hand them & had nothing but great things to say about them. Gorilla Boy & Voodoo are way ahead of Fade & MVP in terms of durability/quality of materials.

I've had a Squirrel Monkey for several years (old style), and I wear it whenever I'm not rolling the Delta. I own way too many bags and still choose the SM. For what you want from the bag, it would be an excellent choice. That said, I've seen the Voodoo Juju, and it looks like an equally incredible offering with some really wonderful touches that explains the added cost.

Those are admittedly far from "budget" bags. If you're looking for a lower price, FADE's Crunch box has been a quality bag for a casual playing friend of mine for about as long as I've had my SM.

I vote for the Crunch Box, simply because it's the only bag I've used.

Okay, that's a lie. But the Lat 64 Slim Jim has no storage, and the Ranger is a backpack.

Mine has held up very well since I got it a few years ago, although I don't play as often as some. And there is room for stuff. And it's cheap. And it comes in alot of colors.

It's not as fancy as the others, but it works.

Thanks to all for replies so far. :hfive:

The voodoo juju unfortunately is on the costly side. For the cost of the juju i could probably get all the materials and build a bag.

I am not looking to replace the bag i have. I am looking to get a good small second bag for quick rounds.

I agree... I've also had one of the smaller Gorilla Boy bags and they are great, but slightly pricey, plus a huge waitlist.
I'd again recommend the MVP Beaker, and second the RDG Gecko, as good possibilities for the price.

The salient spark is a small backpack style bag. I had one and then sold it for a bigger bag. The guy I sold it to says he loves it. He uses it as his small winter bag. Salient has made huge strides with their products. And it's only $55.

The Spark is huge for the nine discs that the OP wants to carry. It is a decent bag though. I enjoyed the rounds I put on my tester.

Latest posts