• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is the hardest disc to throw properly?

second that. my destroyer is a meat hook. i am glad to have it in mega wind conditions, but dang. everytime i hear people talk about how awesome they are i wonder what i am doing wrong :sick:

Take the advice I took and try it in DX. I was pleasantly surprised.

Solomon,

Don't cut your "putter" answer short with a "no, seriously...". I believe it IS the hardest disc to throw properly!

Any disc besides a putter (at least while putting) has a "range" of acceptability, i.e. on a 150' approach, you'd love a 3'er left but would accept a 15'er. But with a putt(er), acceptability is strictly a matter of "making it or not"...and none of us EVER make enough putts do we? ;)

Karl

second that. my destroyer is a meat hook. i am glad to have it in mega wind conditions, but dang. everytime i hear people talk about how awesome they are i wonder what i am doing wrong :sick:

i've only thrown one once and it was awesome! i think i accidently threw it correctly LOL (since my normal throws aren't as good)

i launched it slightly anhyzer and just a tad to high. got a nice right turn out of it. started fading slowly left near the end of it's flight. 'shot tracker' droid app measured at 334' which was my longest throw at the time.

surprised the crap out of me. great disc! beautiful S-curve

gateway illusion. most stable disc i've ever thrown

If you think that is overstable, try a Spirit.

I do have a 176g Illusion that I can't throw worth a damn, but I also have a beat up 172g Illusion that I can throw pretty well. I guess I just need to throw the other one into a brick wall about fifty times.

Isn't this a trick question and the answer is really the Groove? ;) The trick being there's no way to throw it properly (other than into a trash can?)

SL was a fussy high speed understable. At times magic but usually tragic. I was relieved to lose it in the thorns on hole 1 at carousel Delaware. That disc exposed my flaws like no other. I find the roc mentions odd. That's a very forgiving disc.

I have this disc. pm me if you want it back...from the sounds of it you dont.

i am amazed how far this thread went. the two discs i would hate to throw but never have; 150 sonic or a 150 XD, but wait, FH. now i am almost tempted to try a 150 sonic fh. i bet i could hit 250-300 fh with a sonic. Please don't quote me on that.

If you think that is overstable, try a Spirit.

I do have a 176g Illusion that I can't throw worth a damn, but I also have a beat up 172g Illusion that I can throw pretty well. I guess I just need to throw the other one into a brick wall about fifty times.
I found that when new, some Illusions can seem to be about as overstable as some Spirits. However, after getting a little beat the Illusion will randomly decide to turn over and not come back. That's what has happened to every Illusion I've thrown. People will claim that certain runs of them are "money," but I'm not sure I have the cash to finance that search.

In short, I think the Illusion is a good candidate for "Hardest disc to throw properly."

The most tempermental disc I've thrown is the Ultralight Inferno. Way too much wing for it's weight. When I got it right, the disc would sail for ever. However I rarely got it right. Plus the disc can't handle wind very well.

Latest posts