• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is the name of an upside down flick?

it is my flick grip

2 fingers in the rim

basically instead of the disc being right side up with my elbow tucked to my hip, palm up(as if I was going to flick)
rotate the arm 180

your elbow will rise

the disc will be about at your left pec, your forearm across both pecs

and then the "putting motion" is simply a forward flick of my wrist

depending on distance from the pin you may need to change angle of release (i.e. lower the elbow, raise the hand, resulting in a slight anhyzer angle)

no no no

it's not a thumber

I throw thumbers

the thumb is in the rim

on this shot the thumb is on top of the flight plate (just like it would be on a flick)
but the flight plate faces and is basically parallel to the ground

there is a Beto vid, he's playing in the winter, starts with him outlined as a saskquatch

part way through you see him do this "putt" from 5 or so feet away

well done!!!

what Mike Randolph does in that video is what I do
I have made many a putt like that

and I use it as my primary putt up to about 20 feet...if it isn't windy

it is my flick grip

2 fingers in the rim

basically instead of the disc being right side up with my elbow tucked to my hip, palm up(as if I was going to flick)
rotate the arm 180

your elbow will rise

the disc will be about at your left pec, your forearm across both pecs

and then the "putting motion" is simply a forward flick of my wrist

depending on distance from the pin you may need to change angle of release (i.e. lower the elbow, raise the hand, resulting in a slight anhyzer angle)

This is a Scoober, as I've heard it called. Not sure if it's the shot the OP is talking about.

Oh no! Not this again!

I believe we decided that it's either a straddle-scoober or a low-release hammer depending on your priorities.

Latest posts