• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your favorite color for your discs?

What is your favorite color for discs?

• Red

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 33 21.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Green

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Pink

Votes: 58 36.9%
  • White

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Black

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other/Not Listed

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters
Pink, followed by "Dayglo" or "tennis ball" green-yellow.

I would reverse this but my problem is that I can never get that green-yellow one around here. My bag ends up being full of white and yellow with a pink or 2 thrown in. I wish they would make more in that yellow-green, at dusk or dawn there is no better color including glow discs (assuming the moon is up) and they work as well as pink all day also.

I've heard the tennis ball color described as "optic yellow" because it's been scientifically determined to be the easiest color to see. This is exactly why why tennis balls are that color.

I like my bag to be a rainbow of disc flavors, so I'm happy with all kinds of colors in my bag. The only colors I tend to avoid are green, white, and black. I avoid green and black because they seem to be the easiest colors to lose. I'm not really sure why I don't like white discs. For a long time I associated the color with putters, but I've since gotten over that mental oddity. Maybe I avoid white because it's a non-color that would wash out the vibrance of my bag?

I also like pink, for all the reasons mentioned thus far.

The absolute dumbest color for a disc has to be the original plastic that the Aerobie Sharpshooters were made in. It's a copper tinted brown which blends in with just about anything found on a course except maybe the grass.

Partial to dyed discs, 3 in the bag here's the break down
Dyed: xl xs wasp
White: tbird teerex pig
Red: valk
Orange: xcaliber polecat
Blue: buzz (2)
Yellow: wasp

Haha! Glad I found this old thread. Thanks Search Function.

Putters and mids aren't as big of deal to me as are drivers. I do like having a well rounded selection of colors in the bag though, but as far as drivers go, visibility and findability(new word) are the biggest factors to me. Also, I think about that occasional errant Tee off heading towards unsuspecting victims. Something in pink, orange or yellow is way more easy to see coming than say blue. That said my pref for drivers are Pink, Orange, Yellow, White and Echo Star green which is surprisingly easy to find in the grass/woods. Oh I have a Monarch champ in that optimal tennis ball yellow/green that's pretty sweet too.

Rock on!