• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

Absolute maximum distance with no restrictions to the discs flight, like #4 at Ditto Farms in Hagerstown, MD... Wahoo, yes the Wahoo.

For my all around best and, by far, most consistent driver... it's the OLF. I Carry two light QOLFs along with a heavier SOLF and MOLF. The Qs are my go to drivers on most driver holes.

As of right now... TP Sword/BF Trespass. I know they don't need to be in my bag, I just gotta figure out which one I enjoy more.

I carry two molds in the distance driver slots...Star Destroyers and Champ Orcs. An S/DS for headwinds/OS duty, a *DS for max D. Newer run, slightly domey Orc for stable/accurate shots and an older run, flat top for hyzer flips or turnover/tailwind shots. Those 4 discs cover all the shots I need for long drives. :thmbup:

All out distance - icon cannon
Controllable distance - star destroyer

I'm also loving lucid and fuzion trespasses but I'm still learning them.

I carry PDs.

I have a P-Line for straight to anhyzers, a beat First Run S-Line for straight with fade and thumbers, a Glow C-Line for more fade than the S-Line, and a CFR for heavy winds, hyzers, and hook shots. The CFR and Glow are pretty close to one another.

I'm pretty fond of my Wraith's and my Archon's.Since they are Speed 11 my arm speed can handle them really well.

Wraith's are for my windy days and perform like the Archon.

Archon's are for days when wind isn't really a factor.

My favorite distance driver is the Wraith. I carry 3 (2 Champion & 1 Star). It is my favorite b/c it is stable and controllable at the same time. I can throw them BH or FH and they handle the wind well. They also fit really comfortable in my hand when throwing BH b/c the rim isn't super wide. Anything more stable and I'm not able to get my max distance. Anything less stable and I'm not able to get the control and confidence in the wind I need. Perfect mix for my strengths and mechanics.

Pro wraith in various states of wear... for all my warp speed needs.

of course the discs that I use most often from the teepad are my buzzz, eagle-x or valk, but the wraith comes out for the long bombs and uphill shots.

Love my Boss XG. Super speed and amazing grip. Wish they would start making some production runs!

edit!

Predators! 3 of them: 2 170-172 esp pred and a 175 z pred,

I have now replaced my preds with DGA hurricanes, I love the proline plastic and the SP works well as a wind fighter. kicked my forces out of the bag and restricted my predators for exceptionally windy days and skip shots.

I gave up Distance Drivers for the most part, but the two I'm playing with to re-incorporate into my bag are

DD Escape
Discraft Flash

Both of these were discoveries from misprint packs that I found work well for me. Escape is incredibly, subtly, glidey, long without being wide rimmed or hard to throw. Flash is just super straight and long for me, effortless to throw. Would have never bought it myself, but I can't argue with the results I'm getting.

Trespasses. I am really liking my flatter, heavy, pink Lucids. Also have a FR Fuzion that has a bit more dome and a bit more glide. These things do what I ask right out of the box. Stable enough to bomb on a hyzer line without popping out of it, but on a nice flat rip I can get them to turn a bit but know they will come back. Smaller rim than others in its speed class making it a little easier to control, in my opinion. Just an all-around winner, in my book.

Carry Force's for OS Distance / wind.