• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

Z-XS. Bet nobody else has said this! It's the older style with the small stamp on top and bottom. When they switched to the circle stamp the disc lost all of its glide. Normally, when talking about about discs I will just substitute beat-in P-PD in place of Z-XS because nobody actually knows how the old style Z-XS's fly, which is practically identical to a beat-in P-PD.

For my longest throws I'm most comfortable throwing the surge, I've got a few in z and esp. Looking forward to getting familiar with the D2, D3, Trespass, Sword, and Krait.

Beast..... in either pro or glassy champ
a close second would be a Westside Northman in tourney.

174 Z Force. Overstable, predictable, and handles the wind without any problems. I can't quite get them as far as my nukes or my halo, but I can throw them pretty regularly around 425'.

My favorite distance driver is the Wraith. I keep 3 in the bag (168 Champion, 175 Champion & 175 Star). This is best driver for backhand distance. It doesn't have a ridiculously big rim so it is very comfortable in my hand while still being fast. A max weight Wraith will handle a headwind just fine and I can just control it better than any other distance driver I have thrown.

my favorite ultra long rang distance driver is the eagle. it will hold any line and is more controllable than any other disc aside from a roc or a wizard.

Latest posts