• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is your goal for the year

1. Increase drives to 400+.
2. Be comfortable at throwing sidearm.
3. Play 10 more courses to take me to 30 total played.
4. Place top 15 in Intermediate in my upcoming tournament.
5. Get an ace.

I have a few goals
1. increase drive distance by 50 feet
2. ace!
3. increase consistancy on putts
4. play more!

Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer April 3rd
Play a handfull of new courses
Get my rating over 900 (currently 879)
Qualify for the Am Worlds
Qualify for the NEFA Finals

......another ace this year would be cool too

This was my list of goals i posted here back on April 3rd......

On April 25th i won my first PDGA(and NEFA) sanctioned event. Since then I've won two more, including this weekend at my home course. So I figure this takes care of the Worlds and NEFA Finals goals.
Back in May, the ratings update put me at 894 and i have at least 4 more 900+ rounds since then. I figure my rating should easily break into the 900's when the PDGA updates later this month.

Played 3 new courses so far with 2 more on my schedule(pre reg'd tournies).

All that's left is another ace........... :cool:

Well it took a bit longer than i had hoped but as of the Sept 1st ratings update I'm at 914........J-Park Dubs League ends today, that 2nd ace for 2009 would be great tonight......;)

1. Increase drives to 400+.
2. Be comfortable at throwing sidearm.
3. Play 10 more courses to take me to 30 total played.
4. Place top 15 in Intermediate in my upcoming tournament.
5. Get an ace.

Only a couple updates:
1. My longest drive so far is ~360. So no improvement there, yet.
2. I played one more course, only 9 more to go.
3. I got 15th at the tournament.
4. Still no ace. I have had a few good runs though.
5. And I'll change #3 to "Cash in the upcoming tournament."

almost there

My how things change. Well I'm updating my goals because i've kinda completed a couple already. I still haven't finished VA because as soon as I do they add two more, and MD just did the same, So The new list
- Finish off the rest of VA 2-4 courses
- Finish off the rest of MD 3 courses
- Finish the third set of tees at white bank in colonial heights
- Shoot for 200 courses total played by the end of the year
- Play a course in 3 new states

Here hoping

Have finished most of these. Still have the following.
- Finish VA, think there is only 1 left currently on the site but i'm sure two more will pop up once I play that one.
- Just knocked out MD this weekend.
- Dig in toe boards for third set of tees at white bank.
- get to 200 course by the end of the year. currently at 194.
- Play Paw Paw the round out the three new states, WV, SC, GA.

time to think of some new goals.

The only goal that matters is getting to be a gold trusted reviewer!!!! But first I have to get 36 more votes for silver.

I don't expect to hit gold this year because my landscape work is only getting ramped up right now. I have had tons of free time since January 1st so I have gotten to 34 courses already and have 114 votes. I have already hit every course in two counties of Milwaukee and Waukesha that is open, and only 5 more that haven't opened yet. 2 of those will be regular courses too. Secondary to this goal would be to pass Texconsinite in Trusted Review status!!! Of course I am kidding Gordon! Only 13 more courses and 60 votes! Although you only have 3 negative votes and I have 11!!! I have to work on that too. Maybe I can find those negative voters and get them to change their votes.

Other goals I have:

Get my rating up from 757 (only played 2 rounds in 1 tourney so I don;t know how accurate this is to my current level of play) to around 825-850 if that is possible. Since I started in January and have played a ton of rounds, now I need to get that form to where I can throw further. My max drives are maxing out around 250-270 on flat ground with no wind, but my norm has been around 200-225. It would help if I was able to throw my Destroyer, so that is another goal, to get to the power and good form where I can make my Destroyer do what it is supposed to. I think until then I better stick to the Valkyrie for controlled drives under no wind. Anything I can just rip or dead into the wind, I can just throw the Destroyer and hope it works out for me.

Ahh what it was like to be 4 months into this addiction! I am now 10 months and I laugh at these comments. I understand a lot more about the game and the discs. I am able to throw my destroyer and I have hit gold reviewer already too, so my goals were met and my rating is up to 846. Wow I set attainable goals back in April. Sounds like a productive year . . . now hopefully this weekened will help me reach my new goal of 125-135 courses played. I am thinking about 10-15 new courses this weekend should get me real close. I also will be travelling to MO at the end of December so that will help me get at least 5 more course played. Look out Ben Calhoun!

Latest posts